Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Generic Cooking Competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generic Cooking Competition

Good Afternoon! Some friends and I have been competing in BBQ comps for some time now. We are entering a local "charity competition" that is generic -you can cook anything. Does anyone have a great "wow" item that people seem to always love? Just looking for ideas! Thanks in advance - Brent

Meathead's Crack 'n Cheese always gets a WOW at our house. You can do a lot with it as far as cheeses and add-in ingredients too. https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...-cheese-recipe

Comment

Lamb. I did a boneless leg using this recipe. It was fantastic. I used the Dolly's Lamb Rub too.

Create mouth watering leg of lamb on the smoker or grill with these various techniques. Leg of lamb is a complex bundle of muscles, with layers of fat and connective tissue throughout. Here are four methods for dealing with the wonderful log of meat and how to create deliciously smoky grilled leg of lamb.

This wonderful spice rub is perfect when looking to amp up the flavor for smoked and grilled lamb. Use it as a dry rub seasoning for lamb or mutton prior to cooking or add liquid to make a flavorful paste for the meat. It also works well as a dry brine, ensuring deep flavor penetration and maximum moisture.

Comment

Pork loin, chuckies, pork belly bacon burnt ends are always popular, an a nice refreshin departure from standard comp bbq food items...

Reckon a good ol batch of smoker beans would go over well, too...

Comment

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh yeah on the burnt ends!

If you have the time, beef dinosaur ribs always get wows around here.

Aaaand welcome to The Pit.
        Last edited by RonB; April 3, 2019, 07:08 PM.

Comment

I vote pork belly burnt ends.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Maybe share some of your secret recipes or at least some winning pictures!

Comment

Who is judging? That makes a huge difference

Comment

• Nate
                Nate commented
                Editing a comment
                What Thom said!

General public! I think they pull a few community leaders to judge.

Comment

Everbody loves PBJ. Just watch ya don’t burn the toast. 🕶

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here