Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eggfest in Oct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eggfest in Oct

I have never done one of these. The place has not really given a lot of details. Seems to start at 10am and shut down 3pm. So thinking Ribs and pork belly burnt ends. Anyone ever done one of these or know about them?

I have been to four. I do the one in Athens, TX ever April. They are lots of fun. Where is this one? I live in Dallas and am always open to an Eggfest.

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
      LA Pork Butt commented
      Editing a comment
      BriggsBBQ my schedule has changed, so I think I will make the Dallas Eggfest . If you still cook help I am willing to pitch in and help

• Mudkat
      Mudkat commented
      Editing a comment
      Love the team name. Honey Badger don't give a rip! Pics would be great if you have the time.

• BriggsBBQ
      BriggsBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      #LA Pork Butt PM me and we can get organized. I am going to do some trial runs with the belly this weekend to try out some of these recipes.

I would love to attend one of these. The Minnesota Egg Fest was on September 8th while I was in AK. So I missed it this year. If I was in the Dallas Area, I would join you for sure! If you end up going, it would be cool if you could let us know what it was like, what you cooked, the atmosphere, etc. These things seem like sooooooo much fun.

Comment

I've done 4-5 of them but they were here in Montana, so nothing like one would be in GA, TX, or FL. If you are plannning a menu, be sure to check the guidelines because you may not be able to nail a rib cook in that amount of time. If you can cook ahead, burnt ends may be the ticket. People also love pulled pork sliders. One year I went to Costco and got some really nice pre-breaded chicken which was raw and frozen. I cooked it on the egg and did chicken and waffles (which I also cooked on the egg). The dish was a few years ahead of its time, but the cooking was so simple it allowed me to enjoy chatting with people. Bottom line is make something you like, something with a low stress/failure rate, and have a blast! Oh- and share pic's here please-

Comment

• BriggsBBQ
        BriggsBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah I am going to see what the details are of the rules. I really like the idea of pork belly burnt ends but changing up the sauce. Have a sweet heat (hot sugar), tomatillo (acid hot) and adobo (earthy hot).

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        I like the pork belly idea!

Here's another thing you could definitely do on the egg with a suitable pot: https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/...es-recipe.html

These are great in sliders.
        Last edited by EdF; September 20, 2018, 01:18 PM.

• BriggsBBQ
        BriggsBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you sir. I am collecting information. Noticed Harry Soo shows an optional hot temp of 500F says it is more crispy. Once I learn what the variables do I can fine tune what I will do. Also thinking of bringing in sous vide if I can.

I've been to several, even the Eggfest in Atlanta. Lots of fun! Pork belly would be great! I did a grilled pineapple dessert quesadilla with Dizzy Pig Pineapplehead and something with a pork tenderloin.

Comment

• BriggsBBQ
        BriggsBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        I am thinking I might do something with tenderloin. too. Still in my planning phase. I have never cooked belly before besides bacon. So will be a learning experience. Going to do some trial runs this weekend. Funny thing is I do not have an egg anymore so my testing is on a weber.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here