Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoking on Main- Collinsville, IL with Sweet Baby Ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking on Main- Collinsville, IL with Sweet Baby Ray

Went to a really fun event over the weekend that Code3Spices put on. Sweet Baby Ray Dave Raymond was in attendance and it was a pure joy listening to him share stories about his very first sales call on a butcher down the street from his house. There was an SCA event on Saturday and a KCBS style event on Sunday with a backyard division of chicken and ribs. If you are in the STL area, mark this one on the calendar for 2019.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gjp9Ko%OTfWzKGT%0Z863g.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	541235Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_acb.jpeg
Views:	196
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	541236 ​​​​​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1033.JPG
Views:	187
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	541237 ​​​​​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_a9d.jpeg
Views:	199
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	541238 ​​​​​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_ac5.jpeg
Views:	158
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	541239 ​​​​​​​
    Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_ab3.jpeg
Views:	186
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	541240 ​​​​​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	JYEbmDhWRCKBApHWCjgd0A.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	541241 ​​​​​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	e23Hz4TcSRqpz+4K93VgpQ.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	541242 ​​​​​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_ab1.jpeg
Views:	150
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	541243 ​​​​​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	xwDlb1s1TjegWjp9vQP42Q.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	541244 ​​​​​​​

Quite the selection of cookers!

Comment

That sounds like fun.

Comment

Can't believe I didn't know about it...

Comment

• JGo37
          JGo37 commented
          Editing a comment
          You're glad I didn't know?

• allsid
          allsid commented
          Editing a comment
          No- I am happy it is something you are interested in.

Well, I missed that by a couple of weeks. We'll be in the St. Louis area for about 10 days starting on the 16th. I knew I was looking at pictures of someplace close to Missouri when I saw the pork steaks. Living in South Dakota, California, Michigan and Iowa I had never had seen a "pork steak" until we moved to Missouri, where we found out it was the state food. See them occasionally these days in Iowa, but not regularly.

Daughter went to school in Edwardsville, and part of the time lived in Collinsville, so the area is familiar.

Comment

For those in the St. Louis area, I just got a notice on recently added theme nights for the Cards. I'm going to miss this one by 3 days, but interesting give-away. First BBQ night at Busch, on Aug. 13. If you buy the theme night ticket you get "free" BBQ at Ballpark Village and an apron.

https://www.mlb.com/cardinals/ticket...497-1087534983

Comment

Dave Raymond is a great guy!

Comment

I like the fact some teams were cooking on PK grills! Think I even saw a kettle in the background of that photo... a lot of drum cookers too looks like.

Comment

• allsid
                allsid commented
                Editing a comment
                Living in Montana, I have access to so few events. I was blown away by the number of teams cooking on drum cookers.

Competition leg quarters and pork steaks... I like it!!! I don't recall ever seeing a PK at a competition before.
              Looks like a good time!

Comment

I have a cousin named Dave Raymond, lol. Different guy. Although he does like my ribs I've never called him sweet baby...

Comment

Looks like a great time.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here