Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ribfest Forest Park IL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribfest Forest Park IL

Yesterday I went to one of the finest festivals ever in a near West Suburb of Chicago. The Forest Park IL Ribfest was an Amateur only, non KCBS sanctioned, but the judges were KCBS certified.

This event brought together the best of All Americans. Families representing the world came together to show their rib faces. From the music, beer, more beer...not to mention ribs ribs ribs.

The competitors were allowed to sell 2 rib samples to the public for $3.00 each. I was able to try about 7 samples before my belly was full. There was about 25 teams. The average team was smoking 100+ slabs each. Some as many as 200.

There was also vendors who sold corn on the cob, loaded baked potatoes, pulled pork, ice cream and more. most of those proceeds went for charities.

There were so many different types of BBQ rigs. Most were homemade. The competitors had so much pride in sharing their age old family secrets. First prize was $1000.00, second was $700.00 and third was $300.00. There was also a popular vote prize.

Over all this was an Amazing experience and there is nothing like BBQ to bring people together.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Sep 09, 5 58 35 PM.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	377818Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Sep 09, 6 02 26 PM.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	168.0 KB
ID:	377819Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Sep 09, 5 51 47 PM.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	377820Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Sep 09, 5 54 49 PM.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	377821Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Sep 09, 5 42 36 PM.jpg
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	377822Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Sep 09, 3 48 57 PM.jpg
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	377823Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Sep 09, 3 08 46 PM.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	377824Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Sep 09, 3 39 59 PM.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	377825Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Sep 09, 3 40 03 PM.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	195.8 KB
ID:	377826

Sounds/looks like a great time!

Comment

Awesome report! Glad you went.

Comment

Hello from Addison, IL! Any local organization have these listed somewhere? I was not made aware of a BBQ festival in forest park this weekend. Would have loved to attend

Comment

• troymeister
          troymeister commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't know if they advertise or where. I just saw signs posted on Madison St. It really was a good time.

That looks like a fun time.

Comment

Packed house!! That looks like a ton of fun! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here