Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SoCal Competition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SoCal Competition?

I should probably start by asking if anyone knows of some upcoming SoCal Competitions. I have never even been to a BBQ Competition, unless watching tons of T.V. shows counts. I am extremely interested in working towards competing, and I think the best place to start outside of my backyard is attending or even volunteering for a team.

So, any SoCal competitions in the not-too-distant future? I suppose there might be another resource on the web for this, but figured I would try The Pit first!

And if there are any SoCal competition teams looking for free help let me know!

A wonderful goal! I'm not gonna have an answer but I will wish you good luck!

Comment

Go to kcbs website. Click events. They'll have every event round the country month by month. Look at California bbq society as well. They may have others.

Comment

Check out The WoodShed website, chick on 'events' - http://www.thewoodshedoc.com

Comment

SoCalTim hey bro how's their cooking wood? Seen avocado wood! Inquisitive pairing with brisket..
          Captain Ron sometimes best experience is just to dive in. Practice your times. Get a spreadsheet together. Have all proper fire extinguishers, extension cords, etc. Prep meat at home n cryovac everything. Make sure you don't rub or inject. A lot of experienced teams will check up on you specially it being your 1st time.

Comment

Originally posted by BarBQ22 View Post
            SoCalTim hey bro how's their cooking wood? Seen avocado wood! Inquisitive pairing with brisket..
            Captain Ron sometimes best experience is just to dive in. Practice your times. Get a spreadsheet together. Have all proper fire extinguishers, extension cords, etc. Prep meat at home n cryovac everything. Make sure you don't rub or inject. A lot of experienced teams will check up on you specially it being your 1st time.
            IMO, they are the best of the best. Nothing compares AND they have the best BBQ classes 'on the planet' ... they are located just behind Angel Stadium.

Comment

SoCalTim think I'll order some wood. I go to Southern California once a year to visit my cousin. Looks like I'm going to have to plan around a class this next go round. Thanks a lot bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Ron View Post
                I should probably start by asking if anyone knows of some upcoming SoCal Competitions. I have never even been to a BBQ Competition, unless watching tons of T.V. shows counts. I am extremely interested in working towards competing, and I think the best place to start outside of my backyard is attending or even volunteering for a team.

So, any SoCal competitions in the not-too-distant future? I suppose there might be another resource on the web for this, but figured I would try The Pit first!

And if there are any SoCal competition teams looking for free help let me know!
                Did you make it to a competition?

Comment

Smithfield King of the Smoker in Rancho Mirage is December 1-2. It's an invitational contest, which means a team has to be one of the best to get an invite. However, on Saturday afternoon they open the grounds to the public and you can get a mini-lesson from many of the cooks there. It's well worth the ticket price and will give you an edge on how competition cooking works. The web site isn't active yet, but you can put your e-mail address in to get more info. http://www.kingofthesmoker.com/

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here