Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"πŸ‘ 8th ANNUAL SWEET 'N STICKY IN DICKEY RIB COOK OFFπŸ‘. πŸ‘ 8 July 2017, Dickey ND πŸ‘"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"πŸ‘ 8th ANNUAL SWEET 'N STICKY IN DICKEY RIB COOK OFFπŸ‘. πŸ‘ 8 July 2017, Dickey ND πŸ‘"

Chrissy K (She Be Da Boss) and Bobby Jo (@Nodak) have Provided the Attached Info and Registration Forms for You! The Sweet 'N Stickey Rib Cook Off is a Charitable Event! The Proceeds Go To Hospice of the Red River Valley of the North! In Addition to Chrissy and Bobby Jo the Event is Sponsored by the Owners of the Dickey Bar and the City of Dickey! Last Year there were more Smokers Competing than the Population of Dickey ND! Eunice and I had More Fun Than Should Be Legal!
    KC Rules Apply!
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	2 Size:	76.7 KB ID:	315907Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	2 Size:	76.7 KB ID:	315908
    Last edited by Danjohnston949; May 7, 2017, 12:53 PM.

Johnny Cash tribute band...nice.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      JCBBQ, Eunice and I left early Last Year just as the Band was Firing Up! They sounded Great to Me! We once had the Privilege to See Johnny Cash and June Carter Perform Live! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
      From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND,, Dan

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Danjohnston949 Oh, man! I'd have loved to have seen those guys. I'm going to Jackson is one of my favorite songs.

Originally posted by Danjohnston949 View Post
    KC Rules Apply!
    Out of curiosity, I looked at the KCBS rules (2017). They only allow beef, chicken , or turkey?????

Pork rules!

But it appears that they want everything Kosher, so........ That raises a question - that would mean that you can't use a commercial rub (unless its certified Kosher) and all your spices / herbs would have to be as well, right?

Just wondering.....

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      andy.wpg, I can't Say I am Not an Expert ,I am but If What You are Saying is True I don't believe You could find a Rabbi anywhere that would Kosher PorkΓ’Ββ€œ. I need to do some Research, You have raised a Real Head ScratcherΓ’Ββ€œ
      From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan
      Last edited by Danjohnston949; June 2, 2017, 02:08 PM.

• CandySueQ
      CandySueQ commented
      Editing a comment
      andy.wpg you must have found the Kosher rules! There are Kosher BBQ contests, but the organizer provides everything the cooker, meats, seasonings and knives. That's why turkey replaces pork!

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      CandySueQ, Thankyou!! That Makes Perfect Sense To Me and That's Difficult for Me On a Good Day! andy.wpg lives in Winnepeg MB CA! He officiates Sports Car Races and Stopped by on a His way to a Race in MN last Summer! Great Guy!
      Thanks Again! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

You have less than 1 Month to Get Your Registration and $30.00 Entry Fee into Chrissy Kartes, 213 3rd St, Dickey ND 58431! The Rib Cook Off is On Saturday 8 July! You Pick Your Ribs Up at the Dickey Bar! Chrissy and NoDak (BobbiJo)
    will see that You Meet Everyone in Town! If it's like Last Year there were More Smoker's Competing than Live in Dickey!
    Nesteled in the Scenic James River Valley Dickey is Picturesque Small ND Town with Great People! All the Proceeds of the Sweet 'N Stickey in Dickey ND Rib Cook Off are designated to Hospice of the Red River Valley of the North!
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_39874.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	329776
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	117
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	329791
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Danjohnston949; June 7, 2017, 01:57 PM.

Comment

If only I were closer (much, much closer) I'd be there and would love to meet you. Over the last year I've made numerous 850 mile round trips between TN and FL and just finished one last week. I hope you have a great time Danjohnston949!

Comment

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sit Down and Plan It Out! There are all Kinds of things to see in this Part of the World from Nat Parks to Live Histrixal Towns and there are Great Fishing Lakes and Resevoirs! All will fit in with a Rib Cook Off! πŸ‘πŸ‘ NEXT YEAR! πŸ‘πŸ‘
        From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

8th Annual Sweet 'N Stickey in Dickey Rib Cook Off is Now 1 Week Away! It's Scheduled for Sat. July 8 th! Come See the Backyard Cremator "Model" the "NEW" Pit Club Shirt, A Sight to Behold! Late Entries❓ Call Chrissy Kartes (Da Boss) 701-778-7346! πŸ–πŸ· Come One 🐷 Come All! πŸ·πŸ– πŸ‘πŸ‘ More Fun Than πŸ‘ Should Be Legal!πŸ‘πŸ‘ 🌠 πŸŽ‡ πŸŽ† πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ Happy Independance Day πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ πŸŽ† πŸŽ‡ 🌠 Peat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan
      Last edited by Danjohnston949; July 1, 2017, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here