Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hasty Bake 2017 Comp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hasty Bake 2017 Comp

Since I am here in Tulsa, where these are made, I look forward to this each year (non-competitor). A very friendly atmosphere. Kinda like a block party where everyone is cooking on a Hasty-Bake or three.

Each year they have varying types of turn in boxes allowed. It was one smoked and one grilled for a while, then they started mixing it up. This year is brisket and ribs. Apparently they are pretty flexible on the ribs. Beef, pork, or lamb.

Just thought I would throw this out... and ask if any pit members are attending or competing? May 13th, here in Tulsa.

https://www.hastybake.com/pages/hast...al-bbq-contest

sounds like fun, I have never been to a BBQ comp. I live to far away for me to even consider attending but I hope you have a blast and get to try out some good viddles.

Comment

• TheCountofQ
      TheCountofQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Ya, I walk around all day. Just watching a visiting. I taste some of the samples, but keep it to a minimum. Honestly, I've had some nearly inedible, and some that will make one week in the knees. The smells!!!

I visited my in-laws in Tulsa last year and smoked some ribs on my bro-in-law's Hasty Bake, they were some of my best ever. He took me to the local Hasty Bake retail shop and if I hadn't been 1,200 miles from home I wouldn't have left without one. They remain on my MCS list. He also took me to Burn Co. Their Hasty Bake set up was quite impressive, and their Q was world class stuff.

Comment

I'm signed up for Langley, OK the next weekend, May 19 and 20. The Lions Club is putting on a KCBS event. http://www.grandlakebbq.com/

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        I would say good luck but you are too good for luck - so Good Fortune!

• TheCountofQ
        TheCountofQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Sweet!! Both my sister and my parents have small cabins in Langley, overlooking the dam. Only about an hour from me in T-Town. Possibly I will get the opportunity to visit!!

• CandySueQ
        CandySueQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Come on over! Bring a cooler -- take meat home!

JPGators17

Yes, Burn Co is known for some excellent Que. All HB cooking. I bet you had to wait in line a good while. When we go, we get there a half hour before they open to be at or near the front of the line. Alton Brown's facebook claimed it the best he had had on his tour. This reminds me, I have $50 gift card to there, I got for my last bday!!

Honestly, they aren't my favorite around here though. I've become a fan of Billy Ray's, the turkey and the catfish at least. Both wonderful. The catfish there is quite the legend around Tulsa.

Next time you are in town, you should locate "The Knotty Pig". It used to be the Knotty Pine, which has been around since probably the 20's. The original location burned down a couple of times, and we did without for years. I'm not highly impressed with the quality of meat, and the atmosphere of the new location id absolutely nothing compared to the original, but the original SAUCE!! Go get a gallon of that stuff!! It might last ya a meal or two. Have never had anything remotely like it anywhere else. Be very careful with the Hot sauce though. I'm not a fan of the hot, but many are. It is just way to hot for me to taste anything else in it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here