Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boda Getta BBQ, Auburn, AL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boda Getta BBQ, Auburn, AL

Got home Sunday morning after the Boda Getta BBQ contest in beautiful Auburn, AL. This was a long trip! I left Arkansas Wednesday with the thunderstorms at my back heading to Decatur, GA, a suburb of Atlanta. My friends, Marc and Karen hosted the Hawgwagon & Piglet in their driveway while I walked the Hearth, Patio & Barbeque Expo at the Georgia World Congress Center. Met Max Good at the show, had a great visit with the fine folks at Grill Grates and saw lots of neat things. Including a demo of the new Weber and the new gas powered Primo.

Thursday I needed to procure pork, ribs and chicken for the BBQ contest. Got all I needed at Wal-Mart. Smithfield extra tender baby backs and Smithfield butts. Claxton Chicken legs were very nice. I frenched the legs this time -- just something different.

This was my first KCBS competition of the year. And my first time out with the Yoder Cimarron Pellet Trailer. Replaced the inverter which burnt up on the way back from the World Food Championship and swapped fans out with fans that pushed more air. The fans worked great. I think I need to replace the marine battery that's hooked up to the inverter. I had some issues with power run thru the inverter. Unplugged the cooker and all went well.

It was cold and dry in Auburn on Saturday morning. I fired the cooker up at 4:30 and got big meats on at 5:15. I cooked hot, but it wasn't necessarily fast! I should have kept the waterpan full.

At the end of the day, here's my photos and where I placed.

Chicken was 12th
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ck.JPG
Views:	196
Size:	186.7 KB
ID:	285910

Score (Appearance, Taste, Tenderness) 999, 988, 989, 978, 977, 998

Ribs were 21st

Name:	rb.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	223.4 KB
ID:	285911
    Score: 888, 888, 968, 988, 989, 888

Pork was 6th

Name:	pk.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	285912
    Score: 999, 988, 988, 988, 999, 989
    Interesting fact that five of top 10 pork cooks were scored on the same table of judges!

Brisket was 17th

Name:	br.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	225.9 KB
ID:	285913
    Score: 998, 988, 988, 987, 977, 977

Overall BBQr's Delight was 15th. Right now, I'm 5th in the Cowboy Charcoal Fire & Ice Lady Pitmaster contest.

Hope to do better in Pensacola!

Nice job CandySueQ . I would have given you all perfect scores.

Any feedback from the primo grill. A bunch of us are eyeing that one up. Any idea on pricing?

Comment

I confess, I hate gas grills! So, not a great deal of interest from me. I think my response to George was "Isn't that nice!"

Comment

Well you may not have taken 1st place, but by the looks of things I am ready to eat. You had a good showing.

Comment

• CandySueQ
          CandySueQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! I thought my brisket was my best. Go figure!

• LA Pork Butt
          LA Pork Butt commented
          Editing a comment
          CandySueQ It all depends on who the judges are, what they like, and what side of the bed they got up on in the morning.

What new Weber??

Comment

Great to meet you Candy!

Comment

• CandySueQ
          CandySueQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Likewise!

All your stuff looks great CS. Send it to me and I will give you perfect scores.

Comment

• CandySueQ
          CandySueQ commented
          Editing a comment
          I wasn't ashamed of any of it! Been nibbling brisket for 3 days.

Love the chicken,going to have to try it as a surprise for my wife.

Comment

• CandySueQ
          CandySueQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Secret to it is to cut through skin right above the meat. That way you cut most of the tendons first thing.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here