Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Competition Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Competition Schedule

Here's what it's looking like this spring!

February 10-11, 2017 IBCA contest Twin Cities Mardi Gras BBQ Cookoff, Monroe, LA. I've signed up to do the SCA (Steak Cookoff Association) contest too. Entry paid!

February 17-18 -- Fire Dancer BBQ cooking class

March 2-4 -- HPB Expo in Atlanta. I'm not exhibiting this year, but I think I'll go and walk the show. Maybe go cook Bogetta Que in Auburn, AL on the way home... Expensive contest -- entry fee is $350! But it is in a gorgeous RV park.

March 17-18 -- Smokin in the Square, Pensacola, FL. Want to, haven't paid yet.

March 24-25 -- Hammond BBQ, Hammond, LA -- paid for this one!

March 31 - April 1 -- Jack Town Throw Down, Jackson, MS -- This one is very very likely, but haven't paid yet.

April 14-15 -- High on the Hog, Winchester, TN. It's the 30th year and last year for this event. It's got a special place for me. I got Dr. BBQ graduate training at Winchester back in 2004. I'd like to cook it once as BBQr's Delight.

April 28-29 -- Stuttgart, AR Mack's Prairie Wings contest. This one was brutal last year with 6+ inches of rain and 40+ mph wind gusts and no RV. I'm hoping for better weather this year.

So that's 6 KCBS events likely so far. I'm being ambitious this year. BBQr's Delight is entered again in the Cowboy Charcoal Fire & Ice women pitmaster contest. How this works is the top 10 registered teams based on cumulative total of overall points at KCBS events get a ticket into the World Food Championship at Orange Beach. Last year, I was team number 9 and got my way paid to go. Friday night's grilling challenge, I placed 2nd with my Pork & Surf dish. But I was last of all the ladies in the BBQ Contest. That put me in 4th place for Fire & Ice. I am going to do better this year. I only cooked 10 KCBS events last year, got to do more this year.

However it goes, it's all good!

I don't see anything in VA...

Sounds like fun, but I visited the Sam's event this year in Richmond and that was not fun in the heat.

Comment

Go get em Candy! I am planning my debut with some CA BBQ events this year, we'll see how it goes!

Comment

• CandySueQ
        CandySueQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Look for "Guinea Pig" events too. Those are no electricity and the entry fee provides all 4 meats to cook. Be sure and plan on King of the Smoker in December too. You buy a ticket and get on point lessons from the pitmasters (after last turn in). Well worth the admission price!

• smokinfatties
        smokinfatties commented
        Editing a comment
        If you just want to learn, king of the smoker is probably the best event. I dont know that you will get much of a chance to chat with pitmasters at the other events. KOS is specifically designed for that.

• Deaf Arty
        Deaf Arty commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, smokinfatties and CandySueQ !

I've put March 17-18 -- Smokin in the Square, Pensacola, FL on my calendar. I should be in Florida those days and it's only 20-30 minutes from my house. Hope I get to meet you!

Comment

• CandySueQ
        CandySueQ commented
        Editing a comment
        It would be great to meet you! This one may be hard for me to get in...they fill up quickly and I haven't cooked it in a couple of years. I'm begging the organizer! This contest has the best trophies.

• CandySueQ
        CandySueQ commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm in fuzzydaddy! You want to come help for my leftovers? I have to empty the cooler to make room for Joe Patti seafood.

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        CandySueQ yes! I've got it on my calendar as "Very Important" (because it is). Congrats on getting in! Joe Patti = awesome!

Good luck Candy!

Comment

Enjoy the events. I'm sure you'll have a blast no matter what.

Comment

I got tired just reading the list. I plan to meet up with Meathead in Fort Worth some time at the end of March, other than that my travels take me to the woods in search of any legal quadruped.

Comment

• CandySueQ
            CandySueQ commented
            Editing a comment
            That's NBBQA right? That will be a great time.

I've committed to all of the above! Looking forward to Monroe, LA next weekend! Hopefully, I can score a couple of boxes of oysters at the seafood market there. Got one box last year and they were great!

Comment

You had me going there for a second!!! When I saw "Twin Cites" in the first contest I thought you were coming up to the north land. But then I realized the date was in February and I know your not that crazy to come up here in February.

Comment

• CandySueQ
              CandySueQ commented
              Editing a comment
              It is Northern Louisiana! Home of the Duck Commanders! Likely quite a bit warmer than up your way. Saw the first daffodil blooming here Wednesday!

CandySueQ , I'll see you in Pensacola. It's my hometown event and I've cooked in all of them except the very first year.

Comment

• CandySueQ
              CandySueQ commented
              Editing a comment
              I've missed the last 2 years, but I'm really looking forward to this one! fuzzydaddy should be under my canopy too!

Jlock and CandySueQ I'm looking forward to meeting you both. I'll be there some on both days!

Comment

Looking forward to seeing/meeting everyone that comes out! We don't have any signage for our cook-site but for the past few years we've been set up in the park on the southeast corner. Two canopies, one red one white. And we are cooking on nothing but Weber Smokey Mountain's.

Comment

• CandySueQ
                CandySueQ commented
                Editing a comment
                I'll find you! You won't be able to miss me -- just look for Razorback RED van and cooker! I don't know where Ivan will put me this year. Heard there were some team spots left!

My wife and I had the pleasure of meeting and spending some time with CandySueQ and Jlock today in Pensacola. I'll be back tomorrow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1721.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	251.9 KB
ID:	290662

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1717.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	235.4 KB
ID:	290661

Comment

Good pictures fuzzydaddy! I had an Epic FAIL weekend. Came in 36 out of 39, but at least I wasn't DAL! I'll go back to my regular recipes this coming weekend.

Jlock I'm certain that you did better than me! Left to go to Joe Patti before the awards were over -- I'll get my score sheets in Hammond.

Comment

Originally posted by CandySueQ View Post
                  Good pictures fuzzydaddy! I had an Epic FAIL weekend. Came in 36 out of 39, but at least I wasn't DAL! I'll go back to my regular recipes this coming weekend.

Jlock I'm certain that you did better than me! Left to go to Joe Patti before the awards were over -- I'll get my score sheets in Hammond.
                  Well CandySueQ , you were in good company. We were 35. Hahahaha. Way too many crazy predicaments to overcome for us. But had a good time meeting you and fuzzydaddy

Comment

• CandySueQ
                    CandySueQ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wow! I was in good company! In the several times I've cooked that contest, best I've done was a 6th in brisket (one out of money). Most of the time, walkless in P'cola! I still like the contest though.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here