Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First competition

Got 2nd in Ribs and Pulled Pork with the little weber smokey mountains. The guy announcing couldn't believe it because we had the cheapest grills on the block. Definitely learned a lot. Gloves and cleaning supplies really come in handy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161023_151640[1].jpg
Views:	124
Size:	314.1 KB
ID:	232830

Awesome job. Congrats.

Comment

Awesome and congrats... It is fun using bullet smokers and barrels to beat the folks with the big trailer units... I've been using my PBC and had one guy tell me (after I have beat him a couple times) that he now fears the trash can....

Keep it up and you will learn a lot more as you go... It can get a little addicting.

Comment

• BriggsBBQ
        BriggsBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I had a guy come by and said David beat Goliath today. I can see how it can become addicting.

Congrats!

Comment

Actually got to see some trophies. Congratulations BriggsBBQ it's hard to beat the WSM.

Comment

Great Job guys!! I bet its nice to bring home some hardware!!

Comment

Well done! Just goes to prove that that technique almost always trumps expensive equipment ...

Comment

What cooker took 1st place?

Comment

• BriggsBBQ
                BriggsBBQ commented
                Editing a comment
                Looked like a Lang on a trailer that had a nice looking warming box. The guys that had the fanciest rig placed but never got 1st. I liked the flavor of their ribs better than mine. In the end whatever the judges like wins. I was a little cumin heavy and they liked it.

• DWCowles
                DWCowles commented
                Editing a comment
                I couldn't never understand why people would spend thousands of $$$ on smokers to cook in competitions unless it's just for bragging rights.

• BriggsBBQ
                BriggsBBQ commented
                Editing a comment
                Some seem to be caters so they already have the gear.. So they bring out their gear and invite there family and friends out. Much easier to pack up those WSM's

Congrats on the great showing! Something I learned as a probie fireman: K.I.S.S. (keep it simple, stupid). It works pretty much all of the time.

Comment

• BriggsBBQ
                BriggsBBQ commented
                Editing a comment
                hahaha, my step dad told me the same thing when I was growing up. He said it was an engineering term. I think it's universal.

Congrats on your success.

Comment

Congratulations! Awesome!

Comment

Congratulations, ya' done great!!!

I love the well-deserved Great Big Grin on your face!

Comment

Originally posted by BriggsBBQ View Post
                    Got 2nd in Ribs and Pulled Pork with the little weber smokey mountains. The guy announcing couldn't believe it because we had the cheapest grills on the block. Definitely learned a lot. Gloves and cleaning supplies really come in handy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161023_151640[1].jpg
Views:	124
Size:	314.1 KB
ID:	232830
                    BriggsBBQ, You Just Proved that "It's The Cook" Not the Cooker! 👍👍👍👍👍
                    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

That's SWEET! Good job Cook!

Comment

Very cool. In the end, the food doesn't know what you cooked it on. It either tastes good or it doesn't.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here