Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First cook off with KBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First cook off with KBQ

and just my second one ever. Local village cookoff. Nice event. Association provides all meat and has a kids festival. We are entering beans, ribs, brisket, and pulled pork. Brisket and pork are done and resting. Beans and ribs are cooking. Will try to remember to get pics. We got 12 briskets and 10 pork butts. Hard to manage the time getting all that ready so I forgot pics during the night.
    Attached Files

Neato. Good luck!

Comment

Fracking meat...😆👍

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Yah! ;-)

Well it was a crazy day. So no more pics. I was in charge of brisket and beans for the team. We took runner up in both. The brisket was cooked on the KBQ. I was quite happy. The guy we lost to in brisket was a lot more serious about competing than us. (Darn it, he was a last minute add to the comp). And, based on feedback from the people in line (sometimes for seconds and/or thirds), I was shocked we didn't win beans. Back to cooking one brisket at a time for a while for me.

All night long, I had people coming over and asking, "what the heck is that!" About the the KBQ.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats! Next time try being more serious like the other guy and you might win.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here