Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kingford Invitational 2016?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kingford Invitational 2016?

What ever happend to the Kingsford Invitational? I haven't heard anything about a 2016 comp. its the SUPERBOWL of BBQ and a phenominal way to objectively identity who cooks/makes the best BBQ produce

Kingsford's website only has the May 2015 event. Maybe Clint Cantwell has some information.

Comment

Remember the operative word in the Kingsford Invitational BBQ is the first word. If Kingsford (or Clorox) achieved the results they were after from the 2015 event, there may be another one. As late as it is in the year, I doubt it will happen as a separate event. Used to be they partnered with existing KCBS events, to award an extra Kingsford prize at the American Royal or other events. I remember giving one winner grief because he cooked with pellets at the time! Put a pan of Kingsford in the cooking chamber to qualify for the Kingsford prize.

My opinion, this event made good TV but I wouldn't consider it the end all, be all for BBQ competition.

Comment

• Nate
        Nate commented
        Editing a comment
        When are we going to see the BBQr's Delight Invitational BBQ Competition? Pellet Heads only need apply... I'm also still waiting on the CandySueQ Competition BBQ School....

• CandySueQ
        CandySueQ commented
        Editing a comment
        BBQr's Delight did do an added money prize to the best pellet cook at the 2009 Battle of the Pigs BBQ in Johnson City, TN. Big Mo from Aho won. Set it up where the cook picked his category (because maybe not every category used pellets) and the team that did the best in the chosen category won it.

• CandySueQ
        CandySueQ commented
        Editing a comment
        BBQr's Delight hasn't deep pockets like Kingsford! I hate that, but it is what it is. And the other thing, I don't have the creds to put that together. My claim to fame in competition bbq is longevity! I've only won 2 GCs, but I have hopes for more!

I contacted Kingsford directly and I got nothing... Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	59
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	213166

Comment

IMHO, Kingsford lost a lot of fanfare for this event this when they aced out the media coverage. I was at the inaugural event with a bunch of other media folks who gave it an incredible amount of run on our outlets. I could do without the dinners and tours and just go to the competition. After that year, it went to NYC and was closed off (pretty much). Not a great model to work since it was billing itself as the "Be All End All" of bbq events. There are much bigger, more established and more prestigious bbq events (over many different sanctioning bodies) that take place each year to worry about the KI and if it is going to happen this year or not.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here