Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steak Contests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New organization and the rules are pretty sketchy! Looks like one or two for turn in, in a box, no garnish (maybe sheet of foil).

Called the organizer and asked about cooking extra steaks. The answer was yes, they were selling steak dinners as a part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by CandySueQ View Post
      New organization and the rules are pretty sketchy! Looks like one or two for turn in, in a box, no garnish (maybe sheet of foil).

Called the organizer and asked about cooking extra steaks. The answer was yes, they were selling steak dinners as a part of it.

Interesting, and sketchy! I tried to check out the website that's referenced on this page (ntsteak.com) and it doesn't exist. Maybe this is the Twilight Zone Steak Cookoff!

Anyway, if the steaks are thin I think you're going to have to consider getting them to a cool location after they are cooked; that way you don't have to worry about the interior "resting up" to medium well (ewwwwww).

Do you slice the meat before turn in?

Comment

I've recovered! Steak contest may be easier than BBQ after you get your plan down. I did very well -- 2nd place out of 18 competitors.

Comment

Congrats! Those indeed are some good looking cuts of meat. Nice marbling. In that last pic I recognize the Hasty Bake but what's the smoker on the right?

Do you mind sharing (some of) your secrets to success?

Comment

The cooker on the right is a Hot Box Grill. It comes with Grill Grates and that's where I got the marks on the top side.

The other grill is a Hasty Bake, which I got from Big Poppa Smokers (advertiser here in The Pit).

Comment

I turned in the first steak done off the grills. Pretty grill marks on the Hot Box, and a griddle on the Hasty Bake for the bottom. The steak at bottom right is the one I turned in. Forgot to take a picture of it in the box (think white take-home container with a sheet of foil in the bottom).

Comment

WTG Ms. Candy. Thats AWESOME news. CONGRATULATION!

Comment

wowzer.......kickin' some steak!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here