Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cooking an event in Lanexa, Virginia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooking an event in Lanexa, Virginia

I am competing in my first KCBS sanctioned event. I will be cooking in the backyard division. I am new to Virginia, a recent Tennessee transplant. I typically cook Memphis style ribs. My pulled pork sauce is primarily ketchup and vinegar.
    Do any of you members live around Lanexa (or Richmond)? What style would a local judge expect/prefer? I am really hoping for some local answers. Thanks!

I don't live in the area but want to wish you good luck in your first KCBS competition!

Comment

I'm from Richmond (now in Charlotte). Check out the Buz and Ned's style of BBQ. People love them.

Also, you have to check out Sugar Shack donuts. Amazing donuts! My buddy started it.

Comment

KCBS is a sweet sauced rib and sweet sauced chicken. You want to balance salt, spice and sweet in both. Good Luck and Have FUN!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here