Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SnS Upgraded Their Kamado: SnSK Generation 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SnS Upgraded Their Kamado: SnSK Generation 2

I received an email from SnS, they have made a few changes to the SnS Kamado. The biggest change is the cradle that it sits in: it is powder coated and there is now a handle for moving it around. The price is $1799.99 for the deluxe package.

https://snsgrills.com/collections/ka.../deluxe-kamado

Pictures from snsgrills.com:

NEW FEATURES FOR THE 2023 SNS KAMADO GEN 2:
    • New intuitive hinge design with front latch makes opening/closing a breeze!
    • New rainproof top vent provides precise air flow control for accurate temperatures.
    • New intake vent is compatible with MORE aftermarket accessories!
    • New cart with black powder-coated handle makes moving the Gen 2 Kamado extremely easy and effortless while also providing an industrial and modern look.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Komado_Master_900x.jpg?v=1668009100.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.9 KB ID:	1326035

Click image for larger version  Name:	20221109_100728_900x.jpg?v=1668009100.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.5 KB ID:	1326036

Very nice and interesting upgrades. The only thing I see as a real big improvement is the handle and the rain proof top vent. That's for mostly the rain proof part I'm not sure how the air flow could be meaningfully more precise or temperature meaningfully more accurate. Off to see if the top vent is backwards compatible

Comment

• jhapka
      jhapka commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I suppose it would be easiest to just David Parrish is the top vent backwards compatible for gen 1 and if yes will it be offered for sale eventually?

• 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      The chimney cap is the one thing that I might upgrade on mine. The original cart is stainless, a must in my climate. Not sure how well the powder coated cart would hold up in my region (coastal, salty) but SnS always seems to make top quality items so it would probably be OK. The handle is nice but I don't move mine around so it is not necessary in my situation.

• 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      The only other change I would recommend is bigger wheels to make it less likely the kamado would jam against a small rock or irregularity and try to tip over.

Curious as to the why n wherefore the gen2 cover will not fit the gen1? 58limited

Comment

I don't know. Call SnS on Monday, I've always gotten good service from them.

Comment

Will do thanks.

Comment

Well, I am resurrecting this thread as I got info from SNS support that the new rain proof top vent will NOT fit the Gen1 kamado, as they have changed the size and shape of the opening at the top of the kamado.

I am kinda bummed, as I am considering building my SNS kamado into an outdoor kitchen, and if I do that, won't be able to use the cover. Which is now over 3 years anyway, and likely to eventually leak rain.

Does anyone else feel kinda of abandoned here with the Gen2 stuff - not even the COVER - not being backwards compatible with the Gen1 kamado? Most of you paid for this cooker. I at least won it, but still hate to see an orphaned expensive cooker that you can't buy parts or accessories for...

Comment

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            Alan Brice when I first got the kamado, and my SNS accessories for my Performer back in 2017-2018, SNS published their phone number, and answer it, and called back if you left a message. Now they only offer email support. I imagine that changed during 2020.

I've not seen David Parrish on here in some time. He's a great guy, but I imagine too busy running a company to be watching the Pitmaster Club much anymore.

I too recently tightened my bands, and just snugged it by feel.

• Alan Brice
            Alan Brice commented
            Editing a comment
            I also inquired as to the fit of a Gen 2 cover fitting a Gen 1 and was told it would not fit.

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Alan Brice I never heard back, it may just be a spec they don't have.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here