Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teres major on the SnS Kamado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teres major on the SnS Kamado

Hi folks. It's been awhile since I posted, but it's kinda been that sort of summer/fall - travel, Covid, etc. I'm firing up my Kamado today to cook a Teres major. It's dry-brining now; will add my rub just before I put it on. But, technique: I know I shouldn't go low and slow because, like a tenderloin, it doesn't have the collagen to warrant that. I see where a lot of grillers cook it over direct heat, perhaps with a fire in the pit and the meat on the low grill. That might be the way to go but ... my source for the meat told me this shipment seemed just a bit tougher than the usual wonderfulness. Maybe not much. But I'm wondering whether the cut can handle a reverse sear. That'd probably be 35-40 min off the direct heat before finishing them off. Thoughts?

Reverse sear has worked great for me with this cut. Just cook it like a tenderloin.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here