Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SnSK Question About "Rollabillity"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SnSK Question About "Rollabillity"

I'm considering the SnSK. How easy/advisable is it to relocate it by rolling it on its wheels? I store my Performer in the garage; rolling it out to grill and returning it next day is no problem. My sense is that would not be so easy with the SnSK (big weight, little wheels). Thanks.

I don’t own one, but I do own a Big Green Egg. It was necessary to be careful when rolling it especially if there were uneven surfaces. jfmorris can probably provide you with information specific to that grill which is heavier than the Big Green Egg.

Comment

You should have no problem on flat, smooth pavement.

Comment

Rollabillity - double word score!
      Last edited by FireMan; August 30, 2022, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Mines got a little cradle rash from going over the planks of my deck and deck icebergs in the winter. Rolls like a dream on concrete, wheels are nice

Comment

Mine sits on a concrete A/C pad in the yard so I don't roll it anywhere. From what little I've rolled it, it rolls pretty good on a smooth surface, better than my Cypress Grill kamado which uses a nest that is very similar to a BGE.

I really like my SnSK - it fills the roles of both a kamado and a kettle. At his point I use it more than any of my other 6 grills and smokers.
          Last edited by 58limited; August 30, 2022, 11:47 AM.

Comment

fkrall My SNSK lives on a concrete area by my pool, where I can roll it in and out of a pavilion. It's in an area that's about 12 x 30 feet, give or take, and has not left that general area since it was uncrated.

While the wheels roll easily, and have a nice smooth feel to them, the issue will be any lip or transition from your garage to the driveway. I have a gap of about an inch between the driveway and garage, and feel that with the weight of the cooker (250+ pounds) and the size of the wheels (3" I think), it would "stick" on that gap, unless I fill it. And if your garage is like the ones at my kids or parents, and has a drop inside the garage, to where the door opens, forget it. No kamado needs to be rolled across a drop like that. Just too much risk of capsizing. And my driveway slopes the full length (probably 10 to 15 degrees), so I would never grill in the driveway anyway. I would have to navigate to one of the two sidewalks in the front to have the grill level.

I feel that the cart is less top heavy than most, and the kamado is cradled down in it, but its just not an "all terrain" cart by any means.

If you want an all-terrain cart, the only one I've seen for kamados is the one Grilla sells for their Kong kamado. The kamado sits down into the cart, and then straps to it with straps on all 4 corners, so that it cannot tip out of the all-terrain cart. And that cart might fit the SNSK too, if you get the SNSK without cart, which is an option. I would have to measure and see.

EDIT:

I found a review at this page, by "Eric N." and dated 12/27/2021 showing pictures of how well his SNSK fits the Grilla All-Terrain Cart", and how much he likes it.

If I ever wanted to take my grill portable, and not worry about rolling over cracks and uneven surfaces, I think I would invest in this cart.
            Last edited by jfmorris; August 30, 2022, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• 58limited
              58limited commented
              Editing a comment
              fkrall If you choose to order the Grilla cart you can order the SnSK without the cart.

Thanks, all; critically helpful and appreciated!

Comment

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah - it really just depends on how smooth your transition is from garage to driveway. If it is smooth, the stock SNSK cart will do just fine. I shuffle mine around a lot on the pad out by the pool, and it has multiple joints, but they are all pretty even with each other.

A thick rubber mat over concrete lips helps a ton. Heck, I’ve moved mine from the back yard to the front yard over grass and slightly sloped areas using 2 pairs of 1x6s and swapping them out as I went. Grabbing it by the upper part of the cradle made it much easier to control. It all depends on how much effort you want to put into it.

Comment

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              You are braver than me!

If I need a cooker in the front yard, it will be one with bigger wheels. Performer, Genesis, Camp Chef or offset all qualify. I've got some pretty sloped terrain in places to cross.

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh - and the rotisserie is still going strong! I'm using the Performer a little more lately to take advantage of that and the Vortex. I guess I could use the Vortex on my SNSK, but have not so far.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here