Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stainless Steel Grates vs Ceramic Grates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stainless Steel Grates vs Ceramic Grates

Which is better? Why?

I own a Primo Oval XL which came with ceramic grates. I've used them for over 3 years now with no issues. New Primo's now come with stainless steel grates. I'm trying to determine if this is an upgrade or just a cost save for Primo.
    Last edited by Dennis0220; June 28, 2020, 07:18 PM. Reason: moved to Grill Accessories topic...

My original Primo OEM grates enamel started to chip. My better 90% was pretty rough on them when she washed/cleaned them. So she green lighted me to purchase new grates.
    Never wanting to miss an opportunity I jumped on the "confuser" and went to the CGS site with the intention of ordering the OEM grates which were on sale. So I added them to the cart.
    Then I spotted the SS ones and was like heck I will add them to the cart and delete the OEM.
    Then I spotted the CGS D-plate holders and liked the looks of those better than the OEM holder and added those to the cart.
    Then I hit the send button and ordered everything and would beg forgiveness later.
    To me a cooking grate is a cooking grate. To my wife she much prefers the SS for ease of cleanup plus for some reason she loathed the feet on the OEM grates she seemed to get those feet tangled up in the sink.
    Would I buy these SS grates again? Yes but I don't think you will ever have to.
    Would I buy them if my OEM grates were in good shape? No.

Comment

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      "my better 90%" is right if she washes your grill grates for you! Now have her help you upload an avatar cause you're a fixture here, now.

• tiewunon
      tiewunon commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh my she is great gal but not computer saavy. I myself need to figure how to post one of those and find one that suits me. Dunce cap comes to mind.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here