Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanting to buy a Primo....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanting to buy a Primo....

Ok, so let me start by saying I own a Weber Summit charcoal grilling center and a PK360. I love my PK, LOVE IT! The WSCGC is a beast, it is a terrific kamado. BUT, when I was researching my kamado purchase I was down to the Primo XL, Big Joe and the WSCGC. I don't regret my decision, I think. What has me wanting the Primo, is I REALLY want a custom built table, I have always wanted it. The thought of designing, building and ultimately cooking on it gets me fired up.

Is this just a bad case of MCS? Do I need taking down off the ledge? To make the XL purchase, I gotta sell the Summit. 😢. But how awesome would the custom cart be,

If you build it the food will come.

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      1 - Ya beat me to it.
      2 - Does the fact that you are starting to think a bit like me scare you?

Why not just build a table for the summit? Granted it already has the stainless table, but you could really expand it into an island.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Was thinking the same thing. Although a Primo in a custom table is a thing of beauty !!!

• Craigar
      Craigar commented
      Editing a comment
      Troutman yes it is! Then once you have the great looking table with a Primo, you start thinking...hmm...ya know what? A Primo, Jr. would look great sitting right next to it for smaller cooks. So then you have to build a larger table and buy a second Primo all the while trying to justify the MCS.

• au4stree
      au4stree commented
      Editing a comment
      Troutman and @craiger, y'all are spot on, I've thought about this too much over the last few weeks and this scenario came up.

Sell the Summit get the Primo!!!! I might be looking to upgrade from my BGE to a Primo XL. Or I might just get a Primo and keep the BGE.

Have you listened to this month's Pit Cast? The owner of Primo was featured. Very interesting stuff! He also talks about how their ceramic is supposed to be top of the line and they are made in the USA!

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      You got it! au4stree

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      My personal opinion but selling the Summit for anything is a sacrilege. That Weber can cook as well as any kamado out there, but each to his own.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I'd rather have a Ceramic. Troutman

Originally posted by Craigar View Post
    Why not just build a table for the summit? Granted it already has the stainless table, but you could really expand it into an island.
    This is scary, cuz I was thinking longer term and this came to mind. What is wrong with me?

But seriously, I thought about building in the Summit, cuz after all it is a superb cooker. But, me thinks the look would be better with a Primo and then I'm stuck with a cart I can't use or store. The wife won't let me have more than 2 grills on the porch, I don't press the issue cuz I do like to hunt too and a man can't fight one 2 fronts....

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      You know there's an old saying in the marketing game that a package sells, but the package does not make the product. If you're getting great results with the Summit (which I gotta believe you are) then going to a Primo is for eye candy's sake. If you got the bucks more power to ya, but unnecessary for the end product which is your cue......just sayin' .....

• au4stree
      au4stree commented
      Editing a comment
      Troutman, I don’t disagree with your take. Maybe I’m rationalizing this. But, I see it as an even trade. Both are terrific cookers and have wonderful support. The kicker is the custom cart. We are redoing our deck and it’s helped stock those fires. Thing is, if I don’t sell it for what I’m asking, im still gonna have a great cooker and not disappointed. It will be chaulked up to "not meant to be".

I was a little disappointed my Primo came with a nice stand because I wanted to build it in. But because it was the nicer SS one I ended up sticking with it.

Comment

• au4stree
      au4stree commented
      Editing a comment
      My local butcher is a local promo dealer and is selling me the XL as a stand alone with some other stuff thrown in....

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here