Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Y’all Aren’t Going to Believe This!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y’all Aren’t Going to Believe This!

You know the joke: Northern fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time" southern fairy tales start with "y’all ain’t gonna believe this sh*t!" Well, I have a southern fairytale come true! Mid to late August I am perusing Facebook marketplace and I see a Primo XL with a stainless steel cart, for $1000! It was originally listed for $1300, but the price was reduced. So, obviously I figured it was gone for that price. I messaged the seller,
    and he still had it! Then I looked at the listing again, and went "oh sh*t!" It’s in Long Island, NY! I am near Baltimore. So I debated whether it was worth the drive to get the grill. Of course, the grill won out in the end! 😎
    One of the best parts is that I told my wife I was thinking about taking our daughter to Long Island to pick up a grill. Did she want to go along? She declined, citing the traffic. But she never even asked what grill?? How much?? So the next morning I headed to Long Island with my daughter. I met up with the seller, loved the grill, and bought it from him on the spot. Now, I have a Nissan Rogue, so it was a wrestling match getting everything into the car! We went to settle up the money, and the guy says, "I know we said $1000, but I promised you New York pizza, and we didn’t get it. So let’s do $880, and you and your daughter go get some pizzas." I was floored, and of course agreed to the price immediately.

So I got the Primo XL Jack Daniel’s edition, stainless steel cart, cover, cast iron firebox divider, ash rake, grate lifter, heat deflectors, and 2 bags of smoking chips for $880! The guy showed me the original receipt for over $2500. So my daughter and I got the grill, stayed overnight at a hotel for free courtesy of my Marriott points, and went to Jones Beach the next day, before heading home. Great trip!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Thunder77; September 24, 2021, 08:00 PM.

Very nice and I am glad all turned out well.....and hopefully the pizza (or maybe some fish near the beach) was good too.

Comment

Congrats on a super deal.

Comment

Wow. Neat story and what a good deal!

Comment

What a good find! After seeing stories like this, it makes me want to scan the ads more often.

Comment

Dreams do come true. Nice Really nice. But the NY pizza, you left out the pizza.

Comment

Sweet deal! I’ve always loved the looks of the Jack Daniels version.

Comment

Amazing deal but I gotta hear the pizza review.

Signed
                Friends of Chicago deep dish

Comment

Sincere, an Heartfelt Congrats on yer great deal, Brother!

Here's wishin ya Many Years of great cookin, on it!

Comment

That is a very nice cart. Welcome to the club.

Comment

That's awesome! The only thing I would have done differently is go to Bigelow's in Oceanside/Rockville Centre and gotten a bowl of seafood bisque and a big-ass plate of deep fried whole belly clams and fries. 😁

Comment

What a deal, incredible! Congrats!

Comment

I think the best part is a trip with your daughter and a good deal on the grill is gravy. My daughter gave me a thank you note after we finished moving her out of state recently. The things that she mentioned that she was going to miss were little things like going to lunch or just sharing a laugh about a story while we were driving somewhere.

Comment

That is a fantastic story - thanks for sharing it!

Comment

You hit a homerun.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here