Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classic III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classic III

After an unexpected bonus I decided the only way to properly spend it was to pick up a Classic III. I lied to my wife when I told her how much it was, but she'll be pleased when I'm gone and she sells it!

So far cooks have been phenomenal and the construction quality superb. The charcoal basket is really useful and I like the three tiers. I'm not convinced by the Slo Roller, but it fits in nicely and really elevates the meat so I've used it every time.

For those like me who were on the fence: get it if you can afford it!

I've cooked ribs, brisket, chicken, tomahawks, and more in it and every time I bore my neighbours, colleagues, wife and dog about how much I love this piece of equipment!

Welcome to the world of Kamado cooking.

Comment

You must love the kamado if it inspired your first post in 4 years of membership. I have a BGE and after 10 years, I still enjoy it every bit as much as that first month. Part of that excitement is from trying new recipes and techniques I find here at Amazing Ribs. Now we need some pictures, 'cause if there are no pictures it didn't really happen.

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy your new smoking machine.

Comment

I'm a classic LXII, welcome to the Pit.

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you and that cooker!!

Comment

I bought a Kamado Joe Big Joe III 1st of Augs, 2020. I have a Old Country Brazos offset smoker bought in 2017 at Academy. and before this had 2 smaller offset smokers but went on Vacation to Destin Florida in July. 2020 and the place we stayed had 7 Big Green eqqs which at that time had never cooked on a Kamado of any kind. I had brought 3 slabs of ribs with me to cook so I checked out the net to see the best way to setup for low and slow. Used Memphis rub on the ribs did indirect cook used lump coal and wood chunks, set the vents and keep the Kamado at put much 250 thru out. Never had to add coal just sprayed to keep moist but did not wrap at all, Brushed with i lite BBQ at the end and Caramelized. There was 8 of us that ate ribs and not a one was left. All the people were my family and my kids families and they have had my ribs, brisket, steak, burgers etc. many times and was told these ribs were some of the best they have every tasted. Also cook ribeyes and burgers while there and all were great.So not to make this any longer when I got home researched kamados & bought the Big Joe III, Absolutely love it. I cook out all the time weekdays or weekend. Attached are pic's of ribs and brisket cooked on the Joe. Never shared been a member since Augs, 2017. I like this so much and the ease of cooking I sold my Old Country offset.
              Attached Files

Comment

• holehogg
                holehogg commented
                Editing a comment
                You need to share more often. Great looking food Sir.

Two long time members with their first post in one thread. Special day indeed. Welcome to the posting side. Great looking cooks by the way.

Comment

Good time for this write up
                Our Broil King Keg is starting to show its years.
                The rivets holding on the bottom damper have been slowly popping out
                this morning when I pulled the cover off it snagged the damper and pulled out another rivet and the damper plate itself.
                A couple of self taping screws has it back in place however the seal around the damper was torn so now I’m getting bleed by of air fanning the coals.
                Did ribs today had a hard time keeping temps less than 340.
                Dont know if this will be the death of her but definitely need some TLC

Comment

• Skip
                  Skip commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sounds to me like a good retirement gift to yourself! Be sure to post on The Pit if you need help from us to spend your money! Lol.

• HawkerXP
                  HawkerXP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  PBC, PBC, PBC!

Welcome mattsday from Minnesota. Continue having fun with your New Cooker!

Comment

Welcome from central Texas. I have a classic II. Just like you I love it. The icing on the cake was the addition of the Smobot. It does just exactly what they claim it will do, with no fan. The two together make the perfect cooker for me.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here