Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kamado Joe Interview with the CEO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kamado Joe Interview with the CEO

Great interview with Bobby, the founder and CEO of Kamado Joe. Lots of focus on the customer and innovation!

Enjoy!

Very interesting!

One thing I found interesting was how Brown mentioned that first three thing s you need to be successful. #1 was PEOPLE. His most important element to building his business was the people he put in place to make it a reality. "Make sure you hire the right people." and "It's fun not being the smartest guy in the room."

This was a very interesting interview. I have a lot of respect for a guy like this. It takes some gusto to enter a market where you competitor own 90% of the market share.

There is no question that Kamado Joe has always been about innovation in the kamado world. "What can we do better and how can we improve the experience?" I feel like BGE didn't get that memo. (Well maybe they finally did, now they are jsut playing catch up.) Talking to customers and simply asking, "What can we do better?" I think that is what has really allowed KJ to wiggle it's way into the market. They gave their customers what they want. "It's our customers business, and I love transparency within our business." They really want to know what they can do and what the customer wants.

I have a ton of respect for KJ and Bobby Brennan. This was a great interview. Thanks for posting. If you all have time, this is worth the 17 Mins to listen.

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      That's my idea about doing business. More power to them!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here