Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rib rack for the Joe Jr?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rib rack for the Joe Jr?

Any recommendations for a rib rack on the joe jr? Any tips? I’ve only ever done ribs on an electric smoker so this is all new to me. Thanks

Not sure there is one. But you could roll up a rack of ribs and put a metal skewer through it.

Comment

• Smilner
      Smilner commented
      Editing a comment
      I just saw that method on YouTube. Looked decent. The guy said it was real good just not very crisped up. I’ll give it a try. Thank you

I roll mine up when I am cooking on the KJ Jr. It works just fine. Roll the ribs up, and then use a skewer to hold them in place.

Here is how I do it. This always works great for me.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_69193.jpg
Views:	1255
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	1251942

Comment

• Smilner
      Smilner commented
      Editing a comment
      I fought with it and just could not get the ribs to stand up. They just kept sliding down the skewers and falling in on themselves. I wound up just cutting them in half and squeezing them on

I love new ventures. Godspeed, brother. And post pics.

Comment

Smilner I know that is a small cooker with a 13.5 inch cooking grate. I have a Weber rib rack, and looking at the description, it is 13.2" long:

https://www.weber.com/US/en/accessor...6605/6605.html

They sell those at Home Depot and Lowes, and a lot of other places. Take a tape measure with you and confirm, but that might just fit your cooking grate, and let you stand some slabs of ribs on edge. You will still need to cut the racks in half, since most are going to be about 18 inches long, but I think this might let you fit two full racks stood on edge in the Junior.
      Last edited by jfmorris; July 11, 2022, 03:50 PM.

Comment

I use a Weber rack when my grill gets crowded....cut every 4 bones or so
        I do rotate their position to keep them cooking evenly...not 100% sure it is necessary (but it seems to work)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here