Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSC right between the eyes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSC right between the eyes!

I smoked spareribs yesterday and noticed the cooker was crowded to the point I had to cut the racks in half across to get them to fit. I’ve done this several times before, but this time it hit me like a brick ”I need a bigger smoker!”. I love my 18 in kamado joe so…….. I thought about it over night. That was just to make sure I couldn’t call buying a new cooker an impulse buy. So now here i sit with a well used debit card in hand and a new Kamado Joe Big Joe, a new Smobot, and a new stainless ash basket on their way. It took a bit of looking around, but I finally found the cooker i wanted in stock. Now the wait starts.

Very cool. Congrats. Looking forward to pics of unpacking, seasoning, and subsequent cooks. Smoke on Pitmaster!

Comment

Nice! Good for you. That Big Joe is awesome. I helped a friend get his to his patio, he loves it. I need to upgrade my BGE to a XL or get the Big Joe.

Comment

• Oak Smoke
        Oak Smoke commented
        Editing a comment
        The transition should be fairly simple. I’ve cooked on an 18 in Kamado joe for 5 years. I added the smobot and basket about 3 years ago. I really didn’t want any other change except size.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, it would be nice to have a bit more space than what the large offers. Oak Smoke

It took you several times to come to terms. 😂
      Congrats on succumbing to MCS.

Comment

• Oak Smoke
        Oak Smoke commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes it did, but the family is growing and we’ve made several new friends since we retired here. When I originally bought the 18” I mostly cooked for the wife and I. I’ll still use the 18” when just cooking for the two of us.

• holehogg
        holehogg commented
        Editing a comment
        Good call Sir.

Wow! That's a big jump from 18" to 24"! Enjoy the new "elbow room".

I can say for sure that I have never wished my 22" SNS Kamado were smaller, but I have wished it were a tiny bit bigger a couple of times. Not sure I could ever manage with an 18" grill or smoker as my only cooker.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats on the purchase.

Comment

Give that man an "Atta Boy"!!!

Comment

Ya handled that like a pro! Mo is better!

Comment

Comment

You've gained Wisdom, Grasshopper...

Comment

At least you had the patience to wait overnight.

Comment

Proper solution!!!!!

Comment

Congratulations! Each time a Pit Member gets a New Cooker we all sleep just a little bit better. Enjoy your Big Joe when you get it. I sometimes wish my Lg BGE was bigger.

Comment

Amazing discipline demonstrated! Bravo!

Comment

• FireMan
                            FireMan commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yes, discipline!

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here