Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classic III or Big Joe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classic III or Big Joe?

Looking at jumping in to the KJ world, 18” Classic III or Big Joe? Only reason I’m thinking Big Joe is for briskets. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Just my opinion...go for the Big Joe and you won't have to wish you had. More room is always good to have. I have a Large BGE and often wish it was an XL.

Comment

I have a Big Joe and would definitely recommend the Big Joe you won't regret the extra real estate.

Comment

• Byrang
        Byrang commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks!

• Texas Larry
        Texas Larry commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here.

I have a classic III. I so wish I had gotten the Big Joe. You’ll never regret the extra space.

Comment

Go big. You can always add a smaller Kamado.

Comment

Depends. If you’re looking for a one size fits all, go big. If you have other cookers or considering adding more cookers to the stable then a Classic.

I have a classic and have done multiple decent sized briskets, it just means takes up the middle section with an rib rack or the like for the first couple of hours of the cook until the brisket shrinks down.

Comment

• Byrang
            Byrang commented
            Editing a comment
            I have my Weber 22 kettle, so you bring up a good point, thanks! Just watched a video on the rib rack trick.

• Byrang
            Byrang commented
            Editing a comment
            Took your advice, Classic III is on the way, and upgraded my Kettle with the SNS.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here