Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Joe III question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Joe III question

We are getting ready to build a summer kitchen and I am going to order a Big Joe III for it. I'm wondering, if I order the one on the stand can the stand just be removed for the Joe III to go into the counter when I know how I want to configure the layout of the counters and cookers?

I have the Big Joe II. The cooler just lifts out of the stand. I believe you can order it without a stand. You would need to get the "feet" to go under it. Had a question about removing the side tables. Looks like they just unbolt.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	4BB512E2-6054-443C-92ED-37064B64D8CA.jpeg
Views:	263
Size:	222.9 KB
ID:	1010271

Comment

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Texas Larry. I kind of want to live with the cookers and see what my preferences are for positioning before I build any counters, so I'll need the stand for a bit. Someone told me that the Joe gets really hot to the touch on the outside when cooking. Is that the case?

hoovarmin my Joe can get very warm if heated to a high temp for pizzas just like a metal cooker. I wouldn’t worry about a table mount if properly vented/spaced. You need the ceramic dome to be heat soaked to cook properly. Normal cooking temps up to 400 or so you can hold your hand on it for a few seconds.
    Last edited by Texas Larry; March 29, 2021, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Texas Larry. I kind of figured the guy who told me that was aiming for a commission off a Green Egg. When you price out the Joe with everything that comes with it and compare what you pay to what you'd pay for an Egg with the add-ons it comes out pretty much the same. Given that, and the innovations that the Kamado Joe Co has added, I'm solidly confident going with the Joe III.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here