Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kalamazoo Kamado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kalamazoo Kamado

I’ve never been afraid to spend a little on quality, but this might’ve eclipsed the threshold. Interesting design though.

Looks gorgeous but 6k is brutal. I’d rather go for a Komodo Kamado if I’m blowing that kind of dough.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      My thoughts as well. I do love the rectangular design though. I don't know why no one is doing that in ceramic yet.

• Dadof3Illinois
      Dadof3Illinois commented
      Editing a comment
      Attjack I deal with refractory materials from time to time and I believe one reason the Kamado cookers are round is that the corner joints in a rectangle cooker would crack out too easy. Just my opinion but that's why we use a lot of thick brick in big fired heaters and boilers, just so it can expand and contract without cracking in the corners.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      I could see that, Dadof3Illinois.

I read the article earlier this morning and was wondering how this would stack up against the Komodo Kamado.

Comment

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      18x24 grill surface...not so big. I know they make quality products, I'm just not seeing the value here. GMHO

It is a pretty piece of machinery. Waaaayyyy out of my price range though.

Comment

People buying that are probably using it alongside their $25,000 dollar Kalamazoo gas grill so of course they want matching appliances.

Comment

Pretty, but I'd bet a month of paychecks the brisket on my plate won't taste any better than on my 26" kettle/SnS or my SnS Kamado or my stickburner. And after all, isn't the food on our plates the reason why we do this?

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          tbob4 lol!

• hogdog6
          hogdog6 commented
          Editing a comment
          tbob4. You couldn't be more correct. Every cook would be the best ever no matter how bad I screwed it up. Haha

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Huskee - the real test of a cooker is this - if you put it on the monthly winners list would anyone pass it up? Oh - another question - if it performs really well would AR give it a gold bullion rating?

It's a beauty, but not $6 K worth of beauty...

Comment

Gorgeous! I'd take it, but I have other rigs id spend that money on first. It would be awesome to own though!

Comment

For that price you can have a Komodo Kamado Big Bad 32. Which also comes with built in rotisserie, baking stone option, and four cooking levels. This offers none of that. Pass!

Comment

So...how does this overpriced newbie with none of the features of a real Kamado get a section and the Komodo Kamado is relegated to a lowly thread in miscellaneous?

Where’s my quid pro quo?

Comment

Nothing holds the temp better

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here