Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broil King Keg Diffuser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broil King Keg Diffuser

As the topic says picked up a diffuser for our Keg today from Barbeques Galore.ca.
    Cost $56.00CDN.
    I had made a rudimentary diffuser from an old aluminum turkey pan.
    It did the job, this should be a big improvement for air flow in the Keg.

Congrats - I hope it does what you want.

Comment

I bought one for my keg , used it for awhile , than I was told you can use some green egg accessories with the keg so i bought the bbq plate setter heat deflector for the green egg and it works perfect in the keg . The keg pan is perfect when you are adding fluids and herbs for flavour when smoking meats .

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0723.JPG
Views:	864
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	679319

Name:	IMG_0722.JPG
Views:	688
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	679320

Comment

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmm, so the advertised Broil King diffuser is actually more of a water pan than a heat diffuser.
        Guess I shoulda voiced my intentions here first for input....
        Good to know Green Egg accessories fit.
        Thanx

• BRic
        BRic commented
        Editing a comment
        smokin fool The pan does act as a diffuser . The diffuser kit enhances indirect cooking performance by keeping the inside of the Keg moist .

10-4 Victoria Day long weekend end coming up so will have at this diffuser with some kind(s) of meat from a hoofed animal....

Comment

Originally posted by smokin fool View Post
        As the topic says picked up a diffuser for our Keg today from Barbeques Galore.ca.
        Cost $56.00CDN.
        I had made a rudimentary diffuser from an old aluminum turkey pan.
        It did the job, this should be a big improvement for air flow in the Keg.
        When I owned a BKK, I lined (enough to measure 1in. deep) my diffuser with sand and then a layer off foil. It was the perfect heat sink.

Comment

Finally put this to use on two sirloin roasts yesterday.
          Added water, sliced onion rings, sliced lemons, couple of bay leaves, peppercorns and some dry rub.
          Put in Keg on highest position to start, will experiment with positions and results over the next few smokes.
          2.5 hour smoke keeping Keg temp at 200-225.
          We were aiming for 130 inside meat temp but put the potatoes in the oven late so let inside meat temp go to 140.
          Not happy about that, going for memory improvement lessons, or stay away from tall boys when I smoke....
          All in all happy with the results the final product was moist and tender with a rich smoky flavour.
          The real added benefit was finally catching the dripping in the diffuser, after reducing the broth and some Bisto got a killer smoke infused gravy.
          Good days smoking all around.

Comment

Sounds . Have you got any pics ?

Comment

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah those big eyes of BRic would like to see as well as me.

• smokin fool
              smokin fool commented
              Editing a comment
              I would love to post pics however I'm an idiot when it comes to that stuff.
              One day, one day....

Name:	477DEDD3-6D1C-48F0-99A3-1E125E603930.jpeg
Views:	659
Size:	277.5 KB
ID:	686345Click image for larger version

Name:	89195215-9023-4A07-A77B-8E175806A128.jpeg
Views:	666
Size:	289.3 KB
ID:	686344
            Attached Files

Comment

Dude I think I got this.
              Put website on my iPhone to down load pics
              Pork shoulder I did 2 weeks ago

Comment

Roast from a recent smoke
                Attached Files

Comment

HA....not such a caveman now am I....regular techno freak

Comment

• BRic
                    BRic commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nice , the pork shoulder and the roast look good , nice colour .

• smokin fool
                    smokin fool commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here