Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like the end is near

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the end is near

While preparing the old Keg for a smoke today one of the fire bowl supports fell of the side of the inner liner, a victim of age and rot.
    The old girls gotta be 15 years old now ands showing signs of her age now although she's probably in better shape than I am.
    Looks like the clock is ticking....

A sad day indeed….

Comment

Time to get out the Tannerite to send her off.

Comment

• Alan Brice
        Alan Brice commented
        Editing a comment
        Not so much the launch, but the reentry.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Sid P smokin fool Alan Brice

Forgot to add a visual

• Allon
        Allon commented
        Editing a comment
        Please define mild detonation...

If you're going to blow it up, then blow it up.
        Safely, of course...

rust never sleeps……

Comment

• captainlee
        captainlee commented
        Editing a comment
        I know where that came from.

UPGRADE! MCS!

Comment

Think of it as an opportunity. 15 years of heavy lifting is a good legacy for the old girl.

Comment

I managed to get her operable with a long screw shoved in to create some friction and hold up the fire bowl.
          My mechanic neighbor has hardware galore, if he has the right sized self tapers there may be enough meat in two holes for them to grab....she ain't dead yet....

Comment

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            Have you been vaccinated for MCS?

Hey, yahoo !!!! Let’s everbody git on board & help Ol’ Smokin fool buy a new smoker, yessir!

Comment

Sooo - whatcha eyeing?

Comment

The Good News smokin fool is that you have A LOT OF FRIENDS here in The Pit who are willing to help you pick out a NEW COOKER that will replace your old one. We are here FOR YOU!!!

Comment

• Draznnl
              Draznnl commented
              Editing a comment
              Are you really sure that’s good news?

Yes, we love you man. 🕶

Comment

I think you are the McIver of grills. You have been keeping that thing together for years.

Comment

Yep, time for that smoker to head off to retirement and for something bright, shiny, and new to appear on your patio.

Comment

I think it’s time you won the monthly giveaway and have a new SnS kamado shipped to your door. You’ve earned it by keeping your old girl happy and running hot for so long. I’ll begin sending out the “positive waves” immediately.

Comment

• CHNeal
                    CHNeal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Who do we talk to to rig the drawing so he wins? Ill chip in!

..., ..., ...!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here