Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flat topped fire ring & convEGGtor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flat topped fire ring & convEGGtor

I have a (new to me) large BGE and I'm looking to add the convEGGtor to start trying to smoke on this as a complement to my PBC. Looking at all the pictures online the convEGGtor appears to rest in notches of the fire ring, but my fire ring doesn't have these notches.
    It has the old narrow handle (~5 inches wide), so I'm guessing this is an older BGE size/styling.

Do folks think the current L convEGGtor will work? Thanks!

- I run 2 of my 4 BGE's with the platesetter/ "convEGGtor' on flat topped fire rings with no issues. My other 2 BGE's have for lack of a better word "3 swails" in the fire ring the platesetter/convEGGtor works just fine in that case.
    - I do think BGE must have have changed something along the line. I got a warranty replacement platesetter/convEGGtor about a year ago for my SBGE and that replacement had ridges on the outer legs of the platesetter/convEGGtor. It works in the SBGE just fine and that egg is a 2002 model.
    - I most likely am in the minority concerning the platesetter/convEGGtor. I love them. I believe most have migrated to the multitude of offerings by the Ceramic Grill Store. I have so far resisted (MCS take notice) such a purchase even though they have some very versatile options.
    Last edited by tiewunon; November 13, 2020, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm a big plate setter user myself. Lack of notches won't hurt anything.

I have an older BGE. the platesetter works fine. I had the old one, and now I have the new one they call the EGG-something. Ignore the notches in the fire ring.
    Last edited by Mosca; November 18, 2020, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Just wanted to write a quick note thanking folks for their feedback and giving me some direction to go with my search. I ended up going with the Ceramic Grill Store's five legged Woo with a ceramic plate. I'm quite happy with it!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here