Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My BGE is Misaligned - Any advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My BGE is Misaligned - Any advice?

I have a large BGE that is over 10 years old. Has served me well. but when I went to grill last night, I noticed the top lid is no longer aligning with the bottom to give a good tight fit that does not let air in. Don’t know how this happened or maybe I did not notice it over time. but now it is a problem.

I’d welcome any suggestions on how to fix it. Thanks in advance.

🔨
    Works every time. 😁😂😂
    seriously though. Check the hinges and straps on both the lid and the bowl. Something is either bent or loose.

Comment

Use caution as you inspect or make adjustments. Someone here had their lid fly off and smash on the ground.

Comment

Also make sure your gaskets are up to snuff!

Comment

Yeah, mine is off, too. I tried fixing it, there are instructions on the ‘net but they are for the new hinge design.

I stopped worrying about it. It seems like everything still cooks okay.

Comment

Here's a couple things for you to read that I've saved in my Favorites. Maybe it will help you?

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/...-gasket-advice

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/...l-and-zip-ties

Comment

The procedure outlined by RRP in Skip first link above is sage advice. He is one of the "legitimately good guys" who still plays in the green room.
              I seen a video not too long ago that solved the ovetbite/underbite issue by stacking washers. Cant put my hand on it now but am still looking.

Found it. The video in this link by davismp1
              https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/...to-work#latest
              Last edited by tiewunon; June 21, 2020, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Many thanks guys. Helpful advice!

Comment

Hope yer able to remedy this, amigo. I ain't got no ceramic cookers, so I'm woefully unable to offer any advice.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  Rubs Promo
                  Meat-Up in Memphis