Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XL BGE Accessories for 2-Zone Cooking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XL BGE Accessories for 2-Zone Cooking

I noticed that one of the knocks on the XL BGE found in the AR review (it gets a silver and not a gold) is that it can't be used for 2-zone cooking. With a 24" grill grate, however, you'd think that the fire bowl and cooking area would be big enough to create hot and cool zones just like you would on a Weber kettle. I know that there is at least one store that offers some pricey accessories (e.g. Woo rings, half grid stone bundles, etc.) that help you create hot and cool zones, but the cheapest option I've seen is something called an Ang-L bracket for $29.99. Not sure you even need it, but thought it would be worth a look. Anyone here simply pile their lump to one side like they do with their Weber for 2-zone? I suppose you could use some bricks or buy the brackets, but it seems like the XL is big enough for 2 zone. I'll try it this weekend and will report back! Heck I may even try using my SNS!

Just thought maybe a member here would have already figured this out.

Photos courtesy of this web site (FD: I have no business interest in this company, just found them via a web search):
    Shop best prices and most useful kamado accessories. ✔️Awesome package deals Big Green EGG & Primo Oval grills. ✔️Retail store Dallas, Fort Worth - Denton TX.

Click image for larger version

Name:	angl_brats10.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	375.1 KB
ID:	614866Click image for larger version

Name:	angl_steaks10.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	355.1 KB
ID:	614867

the ceramic grill store make some quality stuff and their customer service is outstanding. I suggest you give them a call and talk to Tom. He'll listen and recommend a solution that will meet your needs.

I have a Woo, a stone and a half stone for my XL BGE and that more than meets my needs.

Have fun

Comment

• Beefchop
      Beefchop commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the tip, and the name of someone who works there!

I have a Kick Ash Basket and they sell a charcoal divider that fits perfectly to create a 2-zone fire. I've never agreed with reviews that say you can't create a 2-zone on an egg. I have a medium and it's perfect for a reverse sear steak, burger or chicken. So much easier than moving egg grates and platesetters to setup the sear. Granted, there is not a lot of space with the medium but if you have an XL, it will work great with all that real estate.

Comment

I made brackets out of angle steel for my outdoor kitchen. Nice heavy duty steel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	large.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	615377

Comment

I have an XL BGE and purchased the dividers from CGS. They work great for 2 zone cooking.

Comment

The EGGstender with a half stone also makes a perfect two zone in the BGE

Comment

Thanks y'all! Great responses...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here