Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a new smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did one cook on an offset and sold it after one cook. I’m too A.D.D. to sit and sling logs. LSG makes great looking stuff though and if your into the work I’m sure it would be awesome. Just going to say though you can get a WSCG or a number of ceramic Kamado grills for the roughly same price that are a lot less work, and will last a long time and hold temps for hours even without ATC. The WSCG and BGE XL are 24” and you can get extra grates to sit above.

Keep us posted as you go and lots of pics when you get your new rig.

Comment

I had the same setup as you for a long time, two Kettle's each with a Slow-n-Sear. I got a WSM 22" a few months back, as I have been wanting to get one for a while - and man has it been worth it (understatement). I wanted something with more real estate, and I've loaded this thing up a couple weeks ago for a family golf outing that had:

14 lbs brisket
      two 7-8 lbs pork butts
      About 5-7 lbs of pork belly burnt ends

I was really impressed. Everything turned out great. The temp difference between the lower rack and upper has only been about 5-10 degree difference for every cook.

I recently bought the Thermoworks Signals, along with the Billows fan control - and it's absolutely amazing!

You can't go wrong! Happy hunting, my friend!

Comment

I have a Weber Kettle and the WSM. The WSM should last you many, many years. I’ve had an offset smoker as well. I agree with several other posters, they’re a lot of high maintenance cooking, not a set and forget like the WSM ( once you’ve mastered it ) I’d definitely go with the WSM if I were you. I love mine. The 22” has lots of room and remember you have a bottom cooking grate as well.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here