Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

22 wsm base ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22 wsm base ?

So, if I took the center section out of a 22, would I be able to make a small firepit out of that when not in use? (it would rarely get used that way, but, I would build it on the bottom grate, within the charcoal ring, Thank you in advance.

Yes, you can certainly use the base as a fire pit. I have a 22 wsm and have never used the base in that way but honestly see no problem with it. Might want to close the bottom vents or put a metal screen of some sort over them to keep hot embers from jumping out.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Great tip on the vents, I figured I would try to double grate the top of it to cut back on embers, that is biggest fear. We have like exactly 20 feet wide of an area to do this, our fire codes say 10 feet from structure. puts me dead center, and my neighbor is a lieutenant for the fire station, I have to behave.. lol

I had an old 22 Weber kettle that rusted out around the leg joints. Took the legs off and made a flower pot out of it.

Comment

Just curious Richard Chrz, did you ever try the fire pit idea? Just got a 22" WSM myself and thought this was a really great idea.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        I have, it works great!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here