Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone know the difference? wsm hinge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marshall View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Popmoon-Brush...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Im wondering if the top link is a knock off scam of some sort ?? I don't why its $8 cheaper by popmoon but still say bbq unknown. im gwtting ready to purchase a hinge which do you all think I should go with???

https://www.amazon.com/Smokey-Mounta...6939875&sr=8-3
    The cheaper one appears to have no ratings and is $50.00. The Weber is $58.49 and a known quantity. No brainer to me. Buy the Weber. Consider the $8.49 to be an insurance premium to guarantee you will not be disappointed.
    Last edited by Alabama Smoke; December 21, 2019, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't disagree but to be clear, neither of them are actually being sold by Weber.

• marshall
      marshall commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree, adding to cart now thanks

They appear to be using the same picture of the hinge.

Comment

You guys said everything I was going to say, so I'm not even going to reply. Oh, wait...

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment

It’s my understanding that Unknown BBQ is the inventor of these or at least original marketer, I’d probably spend the $8 to support the creators myself...but only because I’ve looked at these for years and never pulled the trigger.

Comment

I have the Stainless Steel WSM Hinge & Clip made by Hunsaker Smokers. Very well built and easy to install.

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          As do I. I love it. It’s a much better solution then the above hinge.

I purchased mine from Smokey mountain last year. I have not been disappointed so far (and I cook bulk during the food trailer business. 50 plus pounds of meat per outing per event). I added extra racks in the wsm along with an extension ring to hold more grates and a few other mods. When I’m not using the extension ring, I use the Himg for the lid. Over time I have noticed the wsm has a slight warp in it so when ya do mount the hinge, find the sweet spot so when the metal expands the lid doesn’t seal so tight that it won’t open up when ya need to.
        the quality of the hinge is very beefy with no rust on the hinge over time. I am happy with the product. Also keep in mind that when ya have the lid up, it tilts the center of gravity and the unit can (not yet to me) tip the chamber from the base if not on level ground. They also sell a locking mechanism that attaches the base to the chamber to prevent that from happening

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here