Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SM attachment on WSM 22"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SM attachment on WSM 22"?

Anyone use the Santa Maria attachment on the base of a 22" WSM? I think I like the idea of the fire lower than using it on the kettle. This is MsTwiggy photo. Click image for larger version

Name:	SM.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	208.3 KB
ID:	1234063
    Last edited by CandySueQ; June 9, 2022, 06:47 AM. Reason: Add picture!

Interesting! Hadn't thought about trying this. Have used mine on my 22 kettles but never thought of trying it on my WSM22.

Comment

That does look like fun.

Comment

I guess my only concern is that while the 22" WSM and 22" kettle are called 22", the diameters are in fact slightly different between the 2. That said, I see over on the Virtual Weber Bullet forum that folks have successfully used the Weber kettle rotisserie ring on top of the middle section of a WSM 22. Not sure if the base diameter and middle section diameter are the same, but if they are, I assume a Santa Maria for a kettle would fit the WSM...

Comment

I have a pellet fire insert that was made for a kettle and with some finagling, it would work between the base and middle section of the WSM. 4 lb. hopper was the limiting thing on that device. You're exactly right jfmorris, it's all about the fittings. Looks like the SM just might work.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here