Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pbc mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of putting a stack on my PBC like Jerod Jerod Broussard and Spinaker did, but without welding. Do I need to put two like you guys did or can I get away with one on the opposite of the bottom vent? How did you drill/cut the wholes?

Comment

Originally posted by mackdaddy View Post
      Thinking of putting a stack on my PBC like Jerod Jerod Broussard and Spinaker did, but without welding. Do I need to put two like you guys did or can I get away with one on the opposite of the bottom vent? How did you drill/cut the wholes?
      mackdaddy To drill the holes, I drilled a small pilot hole in the center of where I wanted the stack to attach. Then I took a 3/4" bit and drilled right through the barrel. You may want to put some oil on the bit and the barrel to prevent it from getting to hot while you drill. I think you should put the stack on the top of the barrel like me and Jerod did. The point of the stacks is to increase draw. If you put it at the bottom, you might as well just open your damper more instead of adding the stack. And I would go with two, It gives you even draw through the barrel. You don't want it pulling to one side the whole time. This is a vertical cooking system after all.

If you want to do it without welding, I defer to Mr. Broussard. That being said, if there is anyway you can get it welded I would recommend that. Then you don't have to worry about it leaking at all. Not always the case with other methods.

Good luck looking forward to your pictures.

-John
      Last edited by Spinaker; August 7, 2015, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here