Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC or Jr?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously, we are all PBC fans, but picking up a Gateway at a cheap price, no one will fault you for that, to be sure!
    Last edited by Michael_in_TX; September 5, 2020, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Dont know what amount of song you had to lay out but I have thought about getting one even if I had to pay full price (which I have not done). Looking forward to your results, especially as to cooking at lower temps. That thing has far better temp control than the PBC.

Comment

Enjoy your new barrel cooker! Let us know how you like it.

Kathryn

Comment

I'm researching all the different smoker options and really like the PBC so far. Are there any problems with temperatures in colder outside tempatures/ winter?

Is there any problems / regrets not being able to add water?

Nevermind, more research seemed to answer my questions, no and no.

I was pretty set on a MB Thermotemp propane being a novice and looking for something relatively easy, but after the research this has amazing reviews everywhere. Now I am trying to figure out if the upsell for all the accessories are worth it

it’s $349 for the Barrel and about $170 for all the extras hangers, covers, etc.
          Last edited by ByTor; September 5, 2020, 08:26 PM.

Comment

And I pulled the trigger. Originally this was the last way I thought I would go but looking through the forums this is undoubtedly the most popular smoker. It’s funny, looking on Amazon I don’t think I ever saw a product with 1000 reviews that were all 5 star, pretty amazing. Looking at the reviews on the MB Thermotemp Made this even easier.

I cook a lot of chicken and everyone is pretty unanimous this works best and is great with everything else.

And if that wasn’t enough, the detailed amazing descriptions from everyone in this forum, especially fzxdoc clinched the deal who should get royalty checks, TV show and book deal.

I bought in for the accessories because of course I did.

Hopefully in short order I will have my first review.

Comment

I own both and mainly bought the Jr. so I didn't have to use as much charcoal on the shorter cooks. If I was only going to have one PBC it would be the big one.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here