Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digital Q Mod and Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital Q Mod and Question

I finally got around to modifying my PBC with a Digi Q set up from BBQ Guru. Haven't cooked anything yet. A quick question: What is your preferred lighting method for those using the Digital Q?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Pit Mod.1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	27.5 KB ID:	885740

I don't have the Digi Q, but I run a Fireboard with the pit viper fan

I take the plug out.
    Light the charcoal in the chimney
    Let it get hot.
    Dump the lit charcoal onto the basket
    Wait 5 or 10 minutes. With lid off.

Put the lid on, plug the fan in, and start the temp program

So normal lighting procedure, but I start the fan and controller as soon as I put the lid on.
    ​​​​​​

Comment

I have the FireBoard 2 Drive and the Pit Viper fan. One of the great things about the FireBoard app is the ability to create programs. I use a program to slowly ramp up to the temperature I want. For example I'm doing a 19 lb (pre-trimmed weight, about 17 lbs trimmed as I just did a backyard BBQ trim and not a competition one) brisket today and am doing it hot and fast, so I'm using this program to ramp up the PBC to 350*F. I also light using the normal method.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200725-022242_FireBoard.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	885947

Comment

• BFlynn
        BFlynn commented
        Editing a comment
        I haven't gotten that fancy with my Fireboard.... Yet.

I expect to see pics from this brisket cook!!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here