Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First full Pit Barrel and Auber fan over-night cook.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First full Pit Barrel and Auber fan over-night cook.

One small butt (3.78 lbs), and medium butt (6.7 lbs) and a picnic (9.86 lbs with bone) I deboned then hooked back together. Took an extra rebar to get it all done.

The small butt was hooked near the vent. 5.25 hours in it was at 196 and barked up plenty. I pulled it, and then pulled it.

The other two made it to 201 in 7.25 hours, and put to rest. Nothing got wrapped during the cook.

I adjusted the little plate in front of my Auber intake to blow air towards the side of the barrel that is not directly getting air from the vent.

Worked awesome. Set the Auber for 285, set my Maverick alarms, and that puppy sang all night just as perfect as can be. I had an initial temp spike of 386.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010007.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	88333

I also "hooked & nuked" 5 chicken breasts in the Pit Barrel for lunch yesterday. 375 average pit temp. Took about 47 minutes. Liberal amounts of Tony Chachere's 1 hour before the cook. Little BBQ sauce to finish.

Name:	P1010006.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	88334

Dang and I wasn't even invited for lunch . Looks great Jerod Broussard

Comment

The breast looks great - so moist ... hmmmm drooling...

Comment

Sounds like you got it figured out just in time for brisket season.

Comment

Yeah, I have 4 to cook next weekend. Only one today. The picnic had to rest for like 7 hours. Got out of church waaaaaaaay later than expected. I think next time after I debone it, I'm going to trim it, cut up those trimming to put back in, and roll it. With all that white meat, might help with the moistness a little.

Name:	P1010009.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	88419

Comment

You've been working yourself and that PBC overtime this weekend, Jerod ( Jerod Broussard). The boneless skinless chicken breast looks great--very juicy in all its deliciousness. That high PBC temp was the magic key.

I bet the Pork Butts and the Picnic ham tasted great. Did you use Meathead's Memphis Rub for them?

Kathryn

Comment

The Picnic got Memphis. The ribs yesterday evening and the butts last night got the All-Purpose Rub.

The Pit Barrel has done well this weekend. Chicken Breasts, Ribs, Butts and a Picnic, now a Brisket.

That Columbia Gold South Carolina Mustard sauce is freaking awesome. I eat more of it out the bowl than on the meat.

Name:	P1010010.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	88436
              Last edited by Jerod Broussard; June 7, 2015, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• JPP
                JPP commented
                Editing a comment
                Judging from how much is on your plate... you don't eat much in any one sitting, do you? ;-)

The national meat market has undoubtedly made a nice profit this weekend.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                Not quite, ribs were on sale. wal-mart yellow tag. I eyed a yellow tag Choice ribeye, however the marbling resembled more along the lines of connective tissue than intramuscular lipo-good-stuff.

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Jerod Broussard I seem to find a lot of NY Strips that have more gristle than marbling too. Makes for not as good eatin' as one hopes.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here