Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What ELSE do you like to cook on the PBC -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In addition to those you mentioned, turkey, pork loin, pork tenderloin, fatty, Italian sausage, brats, chuckies, duck and lamb. This reminds me that I need to get my sausage post put together!

Comment

Lots of great ideas. Seems like the pork bellies and pastrami are big hits.

Ive already got a corned beef in the freezer. Might be my pastrami guniea pig..... Knowing full well that it will be better starting from scratch.

Maybe after I do that pork belly, I'll wrap some of that bacon around a turkey leg and make a Swanson

Also just excited about doing a bunch of chicken legs and tossing them in wing sauce

Comment

Jackelope is a big favorite of mine, especially after I change out all the Flux Capacitors on my vehicles and overhaul the Gonculators.

Comment

• BFlynn
          BFlynn commented
          Editing a comment
          Great SCOTT!

I love making Tri Tip. I get the PBC going to about 400 F and then I add the tri-tip. Man is that good, really the only way I do it now/

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          You will love it. It is awesome. Throw a good, salty rub on there and let it rip! BFlynn

• BFlynn
          BFlynn commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like tri tips take about 45 mins - 1 hr?

Might throw some chicken on there too. Or try out the blasphemy ribs when the tri tip is done.

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, depending on how thick the meat is. But the is about right. I always throw a probe in there to make sure. BFlynn

BFlynn probably it would be enlightening for you to now ask everyone what they do NOT like smoked on the PBC. I am serious as there are some things that require lower temps than the PBC likes or in some cases is incapable of producing, such as temps low enough to smoke cheese. With that said, I point out that I also have a PBC and I agree that it is a great cooker.

Comment

• cashelton
          cashelton commented
          Editing a comment
          I prefer smoked wings from the weber kettle over the PBC...but from a smoking stand point that's it.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here