Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hoo-Rah!!! Auber on the Pit Barrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoo-Rah!!! Auber on the Pit Barrel

4, #6 1.25" screws with wing nuts. 4, .5" teflon sleeves to tighten the wing nuts against. Had to slightly drill out the holes on the fan to fit the screws. 1" pipe. Took a 1.25" hole.

I put the pipe a tad lower than I should have, didn't account for the conduit nut, still was able to get it on and just tighten the pipe. Gives it kind of a "rocket about to take off" look anyways. RTV to seal it up, no daylight showing on the inside. Darn metal splinter sliced the end of my finger. Man that blood was cold when I went back to get the nut on the pipe.

I removed the spring, and will just replace the screw to plug up those holes when using it on the PBC. Also need some gasket to pack on the sides of the fan since it isn't as wide as it is tall, thus leaving some "air slots" on the sides.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010035.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	176.2 KB
ID:	84181 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010039.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	84182 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010040.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	84183 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010046.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	84184 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010048.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	84185 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010049.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	84186

Also made a plate to hang my Auber thingee on the kettle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010053.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	84188 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010051.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	84189 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010055.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	84190 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010056.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	84191

Comment

i knew you would do it...just knew you would...you da man!!!
      When are you going to try it out with meat in the pit?
      Last edited by DWCowles; May 21, 2015, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Slow day, no grass to cut, cool rainy weather, good time to do it. Work was slooooooww today, water quality problems. I have about 50 pounds of brisket to cook in a few weeks.

Now I can set that dude for 250, make sure it wants to run under, and let the fan bring it up when necessary.
        Last edited by Jerod Broussard; May 21, 2015, 06:15 PM.

Looks good, I was worried about cleaning but you put aluminum foil down under it don't you?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Editing a comment
        No, I have my ash pan connected to my charcoal basket. It might could use a little sweeping every month or so.

Blazin' new trails, that is the Jerod way. Cool post!

Comment

Way to go JB ! Rewrite the book Jerods way.

Comment

So would you use this device instead of the extra smokestacks you put on the barrel?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Editing a comment
            I may leave at least one open....just so the fan won't have to work as hard. If I can get 245-250 (250 target) with one or two stacks open, then I can just have the fan for when things cool down some.

This is way kewl. You'll have that PBC humming your song for that upcoming 50 lb brisket cook, for sure. Way to go, Jerod Broussard !

Kathryn

Comment

Have you cooked with it yet?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, my thread and pics are awaiting the expiration of the Patriot Act.

In 2 weeks for sure....

• JPP
              JPP commented
              Editing a comment
              That's why nobody here boils ribs!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here