Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC'in naked.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PBC'in naked.

Hey guys,
    Now that I've got your attention, LOL, my question is not too far from the title. My wife is a "flavor-a-phob". Basically, no salt, no skins, no flavour! I'd like to do some chicken halved on the PBC tonight but I know that she's going to want her bird to be stripped of skin. Any suggestions on how to keep a skinless chicken half from drying out in the PBC? I was thinking of covering it in aluminum foil but wanted to throw the question out there. Cheers,Andy.

What if you smoked skin on, and removed it post smoke?

Then you'd have a tastee treat for later!!

Comment

nonononononononono to the foil. Just take off the skin and cook until the white meat hits 160F.

Salt it anyway, but do it now, and only lightly. The salt will penetrate deep into the meat and keep moisture in. She won't taste the salt but she'll taste the extra juiciness. I know she doesn't like flavor but if she also doesn't like juiciness... well I won't say you need to trade her in, but perhaps she could use counseling!

Comment

Give her some chicken strips from some fast food joint and cook that bird the way you want! My wife is a lot better now, but she doesn't like an herb flavor, and pepper to her is the same as a whole habanero so it is definitely a challenge sometimes. Personally I would mix your rub, (if you are allowed any, just oil if not) with some oil or melted butter (I prefer melted butter) and spread it on between the skin and the muscle and cook it at 325. Take the skin off her part and enjoy. At any rate, cook skin on then remove.

Comment

Originally posted by richinlbrg View Post
          What if you smoked skin on, and removed it post smoke?

Then you'd have a tastee treat for later!!
          +1 assuming divorce is out of the question

Comment

• Ailkiw
            Ailkiw commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah. Divorce is out of the question. She'd get half of everything. That would include my beloved collection of BBQ's , smokers and the Kamado. Now way in hell that I'm slicing down the middle of my PBC or Kamado. LOL. Thanks for the insight everyone. I'll let you know how it comes out.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here