Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC Too Smokey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PBC Too Smokey?

I've got a huge brisket and two racks of ribs in the PBC right now, and it's been churning out a steady stream of smoke the whole time. I read this thread and felt a little better, but I have a video below of how my cook's going. Is this normal?

When a barrel of full packers hits the stall, the white and supremely thick smoke is pouring out like fire ants from a nest you just started stomping on.

What you have right there just Child's Play.

Comment

What Jerod said.

Looks fine to me. Lid leaks going on which means your PBC may be running hot, depending on how far into the cook you are. For my PBC, lid leaks are only a concern in the first hour or two of the cook. Place something heavy onto that lid, but don't scratch the finish.

I bet you've got some good eating in your very near future.

Kathryn
      Last edited by fzxdoc; March 21, 2020, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Looks good to me,,,
        when it smokes like that it has a tendency to attract some neighbors,,,,,,,,if only for a sample !!!!!

Comment

Mmmmm grease fo .

Comment

Ahhh the fog....where’s the horn?

Comment

Smoke....GOOD.

Comment

Thanks for all the responses, folks. You were right: I had nothing to worry about. Sorry the pic's blurry, had one too many by the time I pulled it...
                Attached Files

Comment

• hogdog6
                  hogdog6 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looks barkolicious

• fzxdoc
                  fzxdoc commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I heart a pretty smoke ring.

Kathryn

• Bobmcgahan
                  Bobmcgahan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The two key ingredients of BBQ: a great smoke ring and one-too-many by the time the cook is complete. Bravo!

Another thing I've noticed, especially when the PBC is loaded up with meat, is that I often was mistaking steam for smoke. It can get a bit moist in there.

Comment

• MattSayar
                  MattSayar commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's a good point, and this was a huge 18lb brisket, so that's probably exactly it

• fzxdoc
                  fzxdoc commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's exactly what happens when the stall rolls in when I'm cooking large briskets or a lot of meat in my PBC. All that moisture has to go somewhere.

Kathryn

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here