Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charcoal arrangement in PBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since starting on this PBC adventure I've seen and learned that there are some variables that don't match up with what happens at home. There are a lot of different methods for success. For mine, after working through some tried and true recommendations, I landed on this. It may or may not work for you.

First, grab the smaller Weber chimney. When you fill it up it pretty much matches the 40 briquettes recommendation. Second, go full chimney for chicken, half for lower temp cooks (ribs, roasts, etc). And last but not least, follow fzxdoc lighting recommendations of 15-10-10.

My next adjustment was due to having to crack the lid. Adjusting to a thinner re-bar from Home Depot or Lowes has helped. For long cooks it keeps my temps right around 290. If you do just the one thin rebar vs the original thicker rebar, the bbq runs at 330+.

Comment

I just saw a bag of Kingsford Long Burn Briquettes. It looks like they're made for smoking. I wonder if they would burn cooler as well as longer. I think I'm going to try a bag on my next cook. https://www.kingsford.com/products/k...coal-briquets/

Comment

• hogdog6
        hogdog6 commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting... Please let us know.

• Alabama Smoke
        Alabama Smoke commented
        Editing a comment
        I would very much appreciate your posting details about your future cooks with this. I did not know of it. I will look for it myself.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here