Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stacks

I finally installed stacks on the PBC yesterday, took a 3/4 3 inch nipple and cut it in half, drilled a hole in the side the same dimension as the outside of the nipple, my shop neighbor was nice enough to weld it for me, but now I have to cook 5 racks of baby backs for the shop Friday, any pointers (they tell me it looks like R2D2) I did 2 racks for Easter and they were great, just haven't loaded up the cooker this much yet, dry rub on the ribs and a Bourbon glaze after

nice I've been thinking about putting a fan system on the pit barrel but putting the fan up top on the stacks and have a valve where you have part of the valve coming off at a 45 degree angle so the fan would be blowing air up and creating a suction thus increasing the pit temp.

Comment

a new show for the food network...Pimp my PBC!

Comment

Originally posted by CurlingDog View Post
        a new show for the food network...Pimp my PBC!

Yeah, I added 12" to my stacks. Should fill it up with brisket by mid-June.

Comment

OK, I'll bite. What is the theory behind the stacks?

Comment

Originally posted by SRA View Post
            OK, I'll bite. What is the theory behind the stacks?
            SRA it increases the air flow, which in turn increases pit temp. More consistent setting than cracking the lid, which most times will overshoot the temp you want.
            Last edited by Jerod Broussard; May 2, 2015, 04:02 PM.

Comment

My WSM stack Click image for larger version

Name:	P3310289.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	186.1 KB
ID:	80632

Comment

• FLBuckeye
                FLBuckeye commented
                Editing a comment
                Haven't maxed it out yet but I can get two pork butts on a rack if I stand one of the butts on their sides. So figure around 70+ lbs. of pork. Did a dry run a while back and temps only varied about 10 degrees from the bottom rack to the top rack. Can't wait until I use this bad baby in a comp!

• Tim E
                Tim E commented
                Editing a comment
                That is awesome!!

• FLBuckeye
                FLBuckeye commented
                Editing a comment
                Still need to buy one more Cajun Bandit door with compression latch to complete my mods for both WSM's. Have the extra coal grate and the hinges for both units.

Maxing it out right now with 30 chicken thighs and 38 legs. Doing a catering for a friend's graduation party. Did 30 lbs. of pork yesterday and it is reheating sous vide right now. Pictures aren't working right now apparently

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here