Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first brisket

I think it was a success... I had a ‘Choice’ 5.6lb flat that I dry-brined 2 days ago. I rubbed it this morning with my own concoction and it was hanging in the PBC by 8:50am. It reached 160 deg at 12:07pm. I wrapped it in foil and put it on the grate. It reached 203 at 12:54. I took it off and put it into a cooler. We just had a slice (or three...). Very tasty. Could be moister, but I’ve had worse at BBQ joints, so I’m happy with the outcome. Thanks to all of you for your many posts on how to do brisket - I read them all...
    Attached Files

Beauteous!!! Care to share your concoction?

Comment

Looks good. Nice cart as well. Is that an actual specialty cart or one that you retrofitted?

Comment

Nice looking brisket, I'd be in on that....

Comment

Great looking brisket and set up!

Comment

Concoction was: brown sugar, black pepper, allspice, and cacao.

The cart was my version of the harbor freight cart discussed elsewhere on AR.

Comment

I like the cart idea !!! You did well brisket wise...ain't no thing !!!

Comment

Congrats on a successful cook.

Comment

Great looking brisket. Clever cart!

Comment

You always remember your first. Well done!!!

Comment

Nice lookin meat.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	7C61F230-8AFF-4E6E-9C49-3C5CF33C4ABE.jpeg
Views:	334
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	788391AverageJoe here is one I shared. It’s from a friend in Savannah. Harbor Freight cart with mods.

Comment

Nice set up man! Great looking brisket too!

Comment

I love that cart & your brisket looks great!

Comment

Congratulations and nice setup!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here