Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC Mod: Ash Catcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil dri- its kinda fancy kitty litter sorta. I tend to use kitty litter in place of it. (new unused of course) I have not used it in a cooker.

Comment

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      So it's safe to leave directly under the coal basket during a cook, MBMorgan ?

K.

P.S. Jon , it's good to hear you use the unused variety of kitty litter to soak up oil. The alternative sounds positively yucky!
      Last edited by fzxdoc; December 28, 2015, 05:22 PM.

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm pretty confident that it would be safe to use under the coal basket/ash catcher combo. I wouldn't claim to be unequivocally "sure" until I've had a chance to test it ... which in my case won't be until sometime next week at the soonest.

Mike

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Haven't tested Oil-Dri in the PBC yet ... but I've figured out how I plan to use it. Rather than spreading the granules all over the bottom of the barrel, I'm just going to use some sort of scoop to spread them all around the perimeter of the coal basket ... once it's been placed in the PBC, of course. After the cook, they should be pretty easy to dump or vacuum out with the captured grease. More on this when I've got some actual data and pics ...

No, I haven't got around to it. I've been sweeping mine out since I have it on blocks and modified a bucket to sweep all the ashes into.

Comment

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Geez, Jerod ... you mod buckets, too??? 😀

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here