Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC PORK Shoulder. To Wrap or Not to Wrap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gosh you guys are making me hungry talking about Pork Butts. I want to smoke another one so bad! This coming week, however, is a bacon-covered meatloaf dinner party--it's my DH's birthday and that's his favorite. I'm making 3 of them so our guests have plenty to take home.

Maybe the week after will have a Pork Butt day for me!

Kathryn

Comment

• _John_
      _John_ commented
      Editing a comment
      Is there a recipe for that around somewhere? I am doing a bacon wrapped, and a stuffed tenderloin this weekend and 2 butts next weekend. I haven't done a meatloaf on a smoker or grill yet.

John, I just posted a recipe that I use for my Bacon-Covered Smoked Meatloaf on the PBC over on this topic:

http://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/for...oaf-on-the-pbc

Now back to the PB channel...

Kathryn

Comment

I'm a firm believer in patience and bark. I avoid wrapping at all costs with pork butt. The reward is worth the wait!

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        I hear ya on that!! Bark is one of my favorite things about BBQ.

Originally posted by mikebarish View Post
      I'm a firm believer in patience and bark. I avoid wrapping at all costs with pork butt. The reward is worth the wait!
      Welcome to The Pit Mike! Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains lots of how-tos and please-dos!

Hop on over to the Introduce Yourself channel and give us a little bio of yourself. (The homework assignment discusses this) Glad to have you here!

Comment

I'm a 4th quarter wrapper.

Comment

• smarkley
          smarkley commented
          Editing a comment
          Better than punting!

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Next time, I don think Im going to wrap at all. There was so much moisture in the Pork Butt that I really don't think that its necessary.

After the advice from PitBoss, Kathryn and others here I am going to do my next butt cook on the PBC with no wrap. Hopefully I'll mind mind heat source a bit better than last time.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here