Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keeping meat warm.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    Good to hear!

• Clarkgriswald
    replied
    Well I pulled the 8 and a half pound shoulder and just through it in the oven for 7 minutes at 375. Worked out really good. Like butta!

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    If I have to hold a long time, I'll use my oven at 170, wrapped in double layer foil. If only 2 or 3 hrs, I'll do the faux cambro, wrapped in a few layers of towels to fill up most of the volume in the cooler. Try not to let the meat temp drop under 150 (leave your temp probes in)

I've also done the crock pot hold on low overnight and it worked perfectly, the butt temp held abut 181 if I remember correctly. Man was it tender when I pulled it the next morning (for a luncheon).

Leave a comment:

• PenskeFile
    commented on 's reply
    A quick Google search shows that most people report their low setting at 180-190 F, so this doesn't look like an option for how I wanted to use the crockpot

• PenskeFile
    replied
    You're right on the oven. I checked mine earlier and it doesn't go any lower than 170. I am intrigued by the crockpot idea though. I'll have to put mine on "low" and check the temp.

Leave a comment:

• Clarkgriswald
    replied
    I am using the faux cambro but I was wondering how you keep the meat warm after the first round of sandwiches are being eaten. For Christmas eve I am making a couple racks of ribs as appetizers. I am going to chop them up into individual ribs, should I just put them in a crockpot to keep them warm?

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Better to pull right when you want to eat. Most ovens only go down to 170, which isn't that bad, but still a little higher than what I prefer. I wouldn't hold lower than 150.

I have an actual Cambro that is a life saver for feasts like Thanksgiving. I use the faux cambro when I don't have more than a few briskets. I think I can fit at least 5 in the Cambro.

Leave a comment:

• PenskeFile
    replied
    I've always been curious about this, I guess I just need to try it sometime. How would it work to just put the meat in the oven at say 140 degrees (assuming ovens go that low, I really don't know). Is there a downside to that - other than tieing up your oven so you can't use it for anything else?

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    replied
    Hi Clark,

Read the article on this site about Faux Cambro. I did it yesterday ( 1st time ) and it kept Ham warm 140 downto 135 IT over 1 Hr 20 min. Meathead's instructions work like a charm!

Also, I'm sure there are some posts regarding when to shred in the case you need to keep a clod at temp for awhile.

Good Luck!

--Ed

Leave a comment:

• Clarkgriswald
    started a topic Keeping meat warm.

Keeping meat warm.

Hi everyone. Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving. Can't believe it's over with already. Tomorrow I am cooking a 8 pound shoulder and was wondering how you guys keep your meat warm after you start to shred and until you eat. Thanks, Clark.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here